Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eman134 Posts: 18, Reputation: -1

Oct 5, 2012, 07:51 PM
    How would it look for a 14 year old boy to date a 17 year old girl
    I'm 14 and I like this girl that's 17 and I want to ask her out but how would it look I'm pretty sure its legal but would it look rite and how do I ask her out anyway her being older and all.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 5, 2012, 08:10 PM
    Dating isn't a legal matter, it's a parental decision. Sex is what comes under the law. Depending on where you live, laws vary. When either of you turns 18 (in the US anyway), you will be an adult and can be charged with statutory rape, including a girl who is 18 with an underage boy.
    Before you take the leap of asking her out, find out if she likes you enough to go for a walk or sit on a bench and talk. Most of the time it just doesn't work out with 3 years age difference. She will be teased and possibly worse, or she may just think you are too young, period.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2012, 08:16 PM
    Would your parents or her parents approve ?

But seriously are you good friends, at 17, her friends would all make fun of her, joke she is robbing the craddle, ask her if she has to burb you after you eat. That sort of thing.

Very likely her friends would stop hanging with her, and she would be a outcast among her friends.

But I doubt she even would, since you don't drive, have a car, have a job to earn money and so on.

Oct 5, 2012, 08:23 PM
    OK thanks
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 5, 2012, 09:12 PM
    Your parents and her parents have to agree to the two of you dating. That's just dating, not sex, or anything sexual, which can include kissing in some places.

If both parents agree then you can ask her out, but like the others have stated, it's really not a great deal for her. She'll have a hard time dating a child 3 years younger than her. What will the two of you do together? You won't be able to do many of the things she can because you're not old enough.

It's just not a really great deal for her.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 6, 2012, 04:45 AM
    It would be VERY rare for a 17 yr old girl to be interested in a 14 yr old boy.

Do you have ANY indication she would be willing to even consider dating you?

Oct 6, 2012, 07:48 AM
    Thanks and it was pretty helpful
    louise1928 Posts: 69, Reputation: 9

Oct 6, 2012, 11:21 AM
    I'm sort of in similar position except I just turned 15 I'm a girl and want to date a twelve year old I don't know what my friends would say doubt they'd care but if you really like this girl and your parents approve then hell why not? But, there's also the fact that her friends would make fun of her well, if they where proper friends they wouldn't care anyway.

Oct 6, 2012, 11:55 AM
    Thanks a lot it was really helpful you guys
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 6, 2012, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by louise1928 View Post
    im sort of in similar position except i just turned 15 i'm a girl and want to date a twelve year old i dunno what my friends would say doubt they'd care but if you really like this girl and your parents approve then hell why not? But, there's also the fact that her friends would make fun of her well, if they where proper friends they wouldnt care anyway.
    Is this the 12 year old that you want to date?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/friend-says-hes-had-sex-707267.html

He's drinking and having drunken sex with girls. I think he has enough issues already, and dating a 15 year old isn't one he needs to add on to the list.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 6, 2012, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by louise1928 View Post
    im sort of in similar position except i just turned 15 i'm a girl and want to date a twelve year old i dunno what my friends would say doubt they'd care but if you really like this girl and your parents approve then hell why not? But, there's also the fact that her friends would make fun of her well, if they where proper friends they wouldnt care anyway.
    Ok, so lets say eman goes to this 17 yr old and asks her out. And what happens when she looks at him and says "are you kidding, you're just a kid". Who is going to bolster his ego.

Your advice is typical of an immature 15 yr old, who doesn't consider all the consequences of their actions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a 13 year old girl date a 16 year old boy legally? [ 10 Answers ]

HI, I am a 13 year old girl and I really like this 16 year old boy. Him and I have had a on and off relationship for almost 9 months now. My parents aren't OK with it because they say its illegal and because they think he's all about sex. Him and I have not had any sexuall incounters durning this 9...

Is it wrong for a 20 year old girl to date a 16 year old boy [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 20 year old girl and I have been seeing a 16 year old boy. I was wondering if this 4 year difference is wrong?

Is it illegal for a 15 year old boy to date a 11 year old girl? [ 9 Answers ]

What if you are major in love with him, and he is middle, and you think he is cheating on you? What is an 11 year old to do? The only reason I think that because girls are always hitting him, and touching him, and I saw it with my own two eyes this morning. I said really, he said really. What he...

View more questions Search