Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlbmom Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2012, 09:01 AM
    Possible ETG test Saturday
    Dr. Bill,

I had a 16 oz. medium bodied beer, an 8 oz heavier beer, and an 8 oz light beer at 6:30 pm, 7:30 pm, and 10:30 pm, respectively. This was Thursday night. I am a 5'7", 120 lb female that stays well hydrated and also has a pretty high metobolism.

I may be called in for a test on Saturday, which I would have to take by noon. Should I be concerned that this will show up?

When (approx) should I be in the clear, so to speak?

Thank you!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 5, 2012, 09:03 AM
    Is this for a job? Probation?

Oct 5, 2012, 09:07 AM
    this is for probation. I have infrequent UA's for an non-drinking offense, but as it was alleged I was drinking, the standard is to assign random UA's. I have the lightest frequency. I have never been called in, so at a work event, knowing they were closed Friday, I did have a few beers. Not really worth the risk and the stress it has caused me, but needless to say, what's done is done.
    Expert

Oct 5, 2012, 09:08 AM
    What are the consequences if you fail?

Oct 5, 2012, 09:09 AM
    I should also mention that I had not drank in about 4 months prior

Oct 5, 2012, 09:09 AM
    My probation would be revoked, and I will have a guilty charge. I am on a deferred judgement so as long as I fulfill my obligations, I get all of my charges dropped.
    Expert

Oct 5, 2012, 09:20 AM
    Yes, what's done is done and the waiting is excruciating, I'm sure. How much longer is your probation? Did you have a drinking problem before?

While Dr. Bill will most likely give you the scientific data on whether you will pass, and I know that's what you want and need to hear. But is having a drink or two worth the stress it's causing you now? Just food for thought next time you are tempted.

Oct 5, 2012, 09:23 AM
    How do I know he will see this thread? You are right, I am hoping for some scientific data. I did not have a drinking problem before, its just the state's policy if the box marked "alcohol" is checked on the police report, they assign you random UAs. As mentioned, because I don't have a history of abuse, I have them very infrequently, but yes, you are right; not worth the stress in the least. In hindsight, it was a very foolish decision.
    Expert

Oct 5, 2012, 09:29 AM
    You sound like a smart person who made a mistake. I'm sure you will think again in the future.

Dr. Bill subscribes to this forum do he will probably see it when he comes online. Just be patient, we all volunteer our free time here so he probably won't respond immediately.

The holidays are coming up. It's probably going to be hard. Do you think you can get through them without alcohol?

Oct 5, 2012, 10:20 AM
    Actually, the holidays will be easier, as my main indulgence will be food :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

Drank one 24 oz 8.9% beer Saturday at 3pm and took an EtG Tuesday at 815 am am I OK? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 32 6'1 220lbs and hadn't drank in 6 months before that. It was one tallboy and I downed it within 5 minutes at around 3pm Saturday. I drank a lot of water Monday night and took and EtG test Tuesday morning at about 815 am... am I going to be OK? Pretty stressed out thanks for any help(besides...

I had 2 3oz samples of a new beer at work Saturday night will I pass EtG today Monday [ 1 Answers ]

I have not slipped up since I began testing about 1month n half ago. When I was explained the beer it is 7.8%per pint and I drank 6oz of it... Can anyone help me know if I will pass today will be taking test between 4-8

View more questions Search