Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Philsasking Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Hook up hot & cold lines and drain to garage utility sink next to clothes washer
    I desire to hook up a utility sink nedst to the existing clothes washer in an enclosed garage area. The washer has existing hot and cold supply lines coming from the wall with a ¾” brass bibb. Can I, and if so, how, can I connect hot and cold lines to the utility sink. It has a standard type swinging arm with hot and cold valves for connecting normally to flex lines to an angle cock valve on a wall. What is the recent plumbing Code (IPCH)requirements for this connection?
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Mar 10, 2007, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Philsasking
    I desire to hook up a utility sink nedst to the existing clothes washer in an enclosed garage area. The washer has existing hot and cold supply lines coming from the wall with a ¾” brass bibb. Can I, and if so, how, can I connect hot and cold lines to the utility sink. It has a standard type swinging arm with hot and cold valves for connecting normally to flex lines to an angle cock valve on a wall. What is the recent plumbing Code (IPCH)requirements for this connection?
    Well, If I understand your question properly, you want to tap into the faucet for hot and cold to the clothes washer. Right?
    If so, then you will need to remove the yoked hot-cold faucet and put in a separate hose hookup to the washing machine. You can easily do this by putting in a Tee on each pipe and then reconnect the hot-cold faucet. This is a simple answer coming from a simple mind, but this should help. Nm :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Welder hook up in garage [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a used Miller Syncrowave 351 Welder for my garage. I contacted Miller Electrics online Tech service. They sent me this. The electrical service guide for a Syncrowave 351 shows that at 50/60HZ single phase, input voltage at 230 without power factor Correction you Will need a 125...

Knock & Flow Stop at Hot Water only to Kit. Sink & D/W [ 3 Answers ]

At our kitchen sink we have a problem with the hot water flow. When the hot water is turned on full (a mixing faucet) either immediately or shortly after the water comes to a full stop simultaneously there is a knock. The water does not begin flowing until you turn off the water altogether. ...

Sink and shower drain hook up [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a sink and shower right next to each other. The flooring is not yet in. The sink goes in one side of a T the shower the other side and the third side of the T goes to the main Drain. When I drain the sink it backs up into the shower. How do I stop this. There is a trap under the...

Extending utility sink drain for bar sink [ 2 Answers ]

I have a utility sink in my walk-out basement - that sink's 1.5 inch drain connection is approx. 18" above the floor, into a two inch horizontal run. This 2 inch horizontal PVC runs about 3 feet, then connects to a main 3" DWV. I would like to add a bar sink, set into a standard height (36")...

Washer hook ups in detached garage [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to move my washer and electric dryer from their present location off the kitchen, to the back inside wall of my detached garage. It is approx. 35' from the back of the house, to the location in the garage. My house has no basement, but has a crawl space underneath. I 've checked...

View more questions Search