Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebel-2 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Mar 8, 2007, 11:16 PM
    What to do in the future
    Hello, I'm about finish school in about 1 1/2 years and I don't know what do in the furure. I ve got to rough idea but I don't know what subject or engineering profession it goes under.

I want to something in deisgn like in engineering, design and R&D for things like cars, planes and other mechanical things, what subjects am I suppose to do?
    nightal1031 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 06:31 PM
    If you want to go into design/engineering, I suggest you take as high a math class as you can take in high school. This will help when you take the classes in college. Also, take physics if you school offers it.
    If you're planning to go into design, it might not hurt to take an art class, and a CAD (computer-aided drafting) class to help with the drawing aspect. If your school offers any sort of intro to engineering sort of class, I'd take that as well. (I am not familiar with what other schools offer, I go to a vocational school that offers lots of building and design classes)
    Hope that helps :)
    MadamButterfly Posts: 54, Reputation: 12

Mar 13, 2007, 06:49 PM
    You may also want to consider going to a community college for your first two years after high school. That way, you can complete all of your GE (general education) and give yourself some time to decide what you want to major in. After the two years are up you can apply to a college as a junior, having completed your credits for your first two years. Also, the cost of attending community college is really nothing compared to tuition costs of a state or private college.

Cheers-
    -m
    rebel-2 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Mar 13, 2007, 08:08 PM
    nightal1031 I currently do take phisics and Maths A I guess that should help, thanks for all your help
    IkoIkoComic Posts: 9, Reputation: 5

Mar 14, 2007, 12:13 AM
    Take a look at the engineering programs offered by your local Universities, and closely familiarize yourself with the requirements for entry.

This will traditionally be formal sciences (Physics, Math, Chemistry, Biology) and core academic courses (English, History). If you have additional blocks of time, never fill them with free time- it looks terrible on a CV. The free blocks of time can be used to explore your interests and develop random skills. Courses in drama, art, band, physical education, or woodworking (for example) can all be beneficial. Drama (silly as it may seem) develops social skills and the ability to speak publicly. Creativity is hugely important to the engineering practices. Even the less-clearly related courses like Physical Education can serve you well in the future- a fit student has more energy for cram sessions and late nights!

Advanced Placement courses (High level sciences, calculus, etc.. ) can prepare you for University handsomely. They're easier than the University-level courses, thanks to the extended amount of time you have to work on the course material. If you pass the University Exam, you've just saved yourself the cost of one University course - and if you don't, you have plenty of experience for the same difficult course next semester.

Remember- high school is free: You'll be paying for the privilege to take courses in a few years, so take advantage of every opportunity you can get your hands on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is in my future? [ 3 Answers ]

hi there my name is jessica. umm..i've been having some trouble lately with jobs and my relationship and pretty much everything else. i'm just tired of everything. it's all getting on my nerves. and i was just wondering if you have anything to say to shed some light on it.

My Future [ 5 Answers ]

Hello! My name is Stefan {removed}. I was born on the 4th of January 1989. I have black hair and hazel eyes. I am a male Please could you tell me about my future.

My future [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is mary, my birthdate is 10/18/64. Just wondering if you could tell me what you see happening to me in the near future? Thank you if you can. Mary

Future [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is carla, dob nov 16, 1975 my husband's name is kevin, dob jan 6, 1969. I would like to know if you see a good future for us, when do you see us having children and a house, just curious to know how our financial future looks. Thank you.

View more questions Search