Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    solidzane Posts: 111, Reputation: 8

Sep 16, 2012, 10:21 AM
    Walmart, 2 identical transactions, 2 different totals...
    I'm the cashier in this situation... I rang up the items. But then had to abort the transaction when the customer changed how they were paying. So I had to re-ring all the items. Everything was exactly the same on the second transaction. The sub total was the same on both, $110.22. The grand-total on the first transaction was $118.16. The total on the second was $117.97

Any ideas on what happened? I asked a manager but they aren't sure either... This is in California. 7.75% sales tax...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 16, 2012, 12:02 PM
    The only thing that comes to mind is some item was intitially recognized as taxable but not the second time.

This needs to be reported to corporate as there may be an issue with the POS software.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 12:05 PM
    This is weird. Why would you have to abort the transaction because the customer changed how they were paying? Every Walmart, in fact, every store period, that I've been in, the payment method isn't discussed until the end.
    solidzane Posts: 111, Reputation: 8

Sep 18, 2012, 12:41 PM
    Sorry it took me so long to reply. My phone is being dumb...

The reason for the abort is this: I rang everything up and the customer handed me a 100 dollar bill. I asked, "$100 cash and the rest on a card?" To which they replied yes. So I typed it in. The total due was then $18.16. They did some talking and then said that they wanted to do $100 on the card and the rest in cash... So I had to abort...

I then re-rang everything up and the total was different... I took the receipts to a different manager and he said that there was not an issue... He didn't think that the situation warranted a call to "Home Office/ Corporate"
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 18, 2012, 08:03 PM
    You did all you can do, did you check to see if all items fell under the same listing each time.
    Is there any additional card fee ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I a fraternal or identical twin? [ 3 Answers ]

My mother had always told me I'm fraternal with my twin sister because that is what the doctor had told her before we were born. But I was reading online and doctors can commonly be mistaken.. Here are the reasons I'm confused: -We shared the same placenta -We are the same sex -Everyone thinks...

Report Sum totals [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, I have made a report from a query. I want to sum the totals from a totals column. I have had luck summing the totals from my other columnms by putting a text box control source to =sum(Name) of the appropriate textbox. However for this column I use the same expression =sum(Name)...

Earmark totals for 2007 [ 6 Answers ]

According to the Citizens Against Government Waste : Hillary Clinton ranked 13th in the Senate with $200 million Barak Obama ranked 28th in the Senate with $97 Million John McCain was last with no earmarks requested . And this is not atypical of Senator McCain.. . For years and years he...

Two Identical Modems [ 4 Answers ]

I have two identical modems Intel 536 EP internal. I am trying to install them both on the same Pc under WinXP SP2. The first moden is set up and works properly but the second one is installed but when I try to use it the systems seems to have a problem to communicate with it. I already tried to...

Two identical compressors, different wiring! [ 5 Answers ]

I have dual-zone York central air, two independent, but identical systems, 220V, with a dual pole contactor. While changing my blower fan on the outside condenser unit, I noticed that one unit’s compressor was wired different than the other! There are 5 wires coming from the compressor, all...

View more questions Search