Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    masiela Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2012, 06:06 PM
    My house is brick and I have concrete in the basement. Could I have termites?
    I have some small flying insects in my house. Could these be termites?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 06:20 PM
    Is the entire house brick and concrete or is there wood floor joists, is there wood frame walls behind the brick or do you just see the brick inside and out?

If the roof wood or concrete ?

If there is wood and I would say you have a lot of wood in the house, of course you can have termites
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Sep 15, 2012, 01:02 PM
    Aren't termites invisible to the naked eye?
    PapillonOne Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2012, 11:57 PM
    Absolutely NOT. Termites are very visible and at certain times of the year, they swarm. They are not tiny but not huge either... a little smaller than a house fly with a tan & longer body and longer narrower wings, at least the ones I've seen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pour concrete adjacent to house, how high should new concrete be to house foundation [ 1 Answers ]

I will be pouring concrete for a patio, concrete will be next to house foundation, the house has a metal around the outside wall, what measurement should I have new concrete not to obstruct the function of the metal piece in the outside wall?

Reinforced brick concrete [ 5 Answers ]

What is reinforced brick concrete, please tell in detailz and I want the answer very soon.

Are Wood-skids on basement floor safe from termites? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed a wood-burning stove, but didn't order a cord of firewood ... yet... That's waiting for when I figure out how to safely store it. I worked hard all day today lugging 4 skids (wood pallets) to the house via hand-truck, one skid at a time. Their dimensions: Three...

Confusion About Concrete Patio Against House at Level of Walkout Basement [ 1 Answers ]

I am planning on pouring a 14' by 24' concrete patio at the level of the walkout basement sliding door. The original grading of the house sloped from part way up the poured concrete foundation wall down about 22" to the small 2' by 6' patio at the door. After excavating this area I found the...

Concrete Patio Against House at Level of Walkout Basement [ 1 Answers ]

I am planning on pouring a 14' by 24' concrete patio at the level of the walkout basement sliding door. The original grading of the house sloped from part way up the poured concrete foundation wall down about 22" to the small 2' by 6' patio at the door. After excavating this area I found the...

View more questions Search