Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kadenciox08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 06:48 PM
    How can I get my dark hair light again?
    So I got my hair dyed at a salon today at like 4:30, I have like medium brown hair, and now its like almost black! I want it GONE!! What can I do!! Like ASAP?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 12, 2007, 04:42 PM
    If you think that your hair is too dark, I recommend that you go back to the salon and have them fix your hair. Tell the hairstylist that you don't like the color, and he/she will make it lighter for you.
    Kadenciox08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 02:48 PM
    Will they have to strip it out?
    MadamButterfly Posts: 54, Reputation: 12

Mar 13, 2007, 07:23 PM
    The will have to strip it in the sense that they will have to apply a lightener to your hair (if you are going from black to med. Brown they will probably just use a 20v, so it won't be too damaging).
    If you don't want to go back to the salon (the one that jacked your hair in the first place) for a color repair, find a nice salon in your area with a colorist who has lots of experience. You can also try soaking your hair in lemon juice and repetedly shampooing to remove the excess color. Lemon juice is a natural exfoliant and will "strip" some of the dye off. If you have experience coloring your own hair, go to the drugstore a pick up a Loreal or Garnier light brown permanat hair color kit. These formulas contain bleach so it will lighten your hair. Just keep in mind that your hair will be very dry and damaged afterwards, so you may want to pick up some Jojoba oil and do a hot oil treatment to regain some of the elasticity.

Cheers-
    -m
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 14, 2007, 05:18 PM
    I don't think they will strip your hair. The hairstylist might use a higher strength peroxide developer with the selected color to achieve your desired color.
    maritza_marquez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 09:55 AM
    The guy on top is right go back to the salon
    maritza_marquez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Yupp yupp

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Hair Color? Dark to Light [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am an outgoing female and I am sick of my dyed black hair I want to dye it another dark color w/ VERY light chunks thruogh it. Does anyone know how to do the light hair part w/o completely destroying my hair or w/o changing it green ar any other obnoxious color

Fixing hair color on dark hair? [ 2 Answers ]

I have caramel and ash brown highlights on black hair and wanted to touch up the roots myself... unfortunately, when I used a box of medium ash brown hair dye, it made my roots look a little reddish brown (very slight on the reddish). I also covered too much so it looks like the top of my head is...

Hair is too dark [ 1 Answers ]

I've been reading about fading dark hair dye (I dyed my dark blond hair med. Brown) and I just tried the hot oil and prell. I could see a little brown wash out but I think my hair is still to dark for my complection. So Im figuring I will have to use a hair dye removal. I can't afford to do it...

Dark Hair to Light [ 1 Answers ]

My son's girlfriend colored his hair the other day. They were hoping for a dark brown, but it's almost black. He wants to lighten it up a bit (his natural hair color is a light brown). Any suggestions?

View more questions Search