Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hetzie76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 11:15 AM
    How to Vent Sewage Ejector System
    I am in the process of installing a basement bathroom that will utilize a sewage ejector system since the sewer main line is above the floor. Since there is no easy chase to run a vent line three stories up to the roof, can I vent through a side exterior wall of the house? Can the line be capped off horizontally or must it end in a vertical run?

Is it possible to use an auto vent type valve for the system ( the type used for some sinks?)

Thanks for any help that can be offered.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 8, 2007, 12:06 PM
    The mechanical vent you may be thinking of is a Studor Vent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage Ejector Questions [ 4 Answers ]

I have a workshop located behind my home. The shop is currently using a very old and failing septic system. I would like to use a sewage ejector to pump the wastewater from a toilet, sink and shower (minimal use) in the shop up to the city sewer line that the home is attached to. The shop bathroom...

Sewage Ejector Pump in a Basement [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all I am new to this board so forgive me if this has already been asked. I am in the process of adding a basement to our basement. We have a septic system with the discharge pipe about 3 feet above the floor. Several questions. I want to add a Toilet, sink and tub. What all has to be vented....

Sewage gas from return vent [ 2 Answers ]

I am smelling sewage gas from my ac vents... mostly the return vent which is at the ceiling in a small hallway... the smell concentrates in that hallway.. there is a half bath in that hall as well... the smell is not so much in the bathroom... I also will get the smell on the other side of the...

Sewage ejector pump [ 5 Answers ]

I think my sewage ejector pump may be bad. The fuse for the pump popped and when I re-set the breaker, the ejector pump turns on for several seconds and then the breaker pops again. Does that mean the pump is gone bad or do I have an electrical problem.

Sizing sewage ejector [ 2 Answers ]

I am owner/builder in design stage of a new 'log' cabin with basement and just got to plumbing. I will of course hire a plumbing sub-contractor but want to avoid total redesign by 'understanding' enough basics to get it OK on my floor plan. I will post the drain and venting questions as a separate...

View more questions Search