Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fnaugie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Shower drain pipe angle
    I want to install a shower in my basement. The shower will be about 4 ft from existing drain pipe. At what angle should the pipe that connects from the shower drain to the main drain pipe be to ensure water flows to drain pipe?

Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 8, 2007, 12:39 PM
    I am going to guess that you mean downward slope or drop of the drain pipe. A 4 ft drain should drop at least 1 in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower leaking (shower drain pipe?) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I will apologize up front for my lack of knowledge in plumbing... but I know enough that I believe that I can fix this problem without having to add on the expense of calling a plumber. I noticed that there were a lot of ants coming into our bathroom. After laying traps and having no...

Drain pipe angle issue [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a old (1900) 3-family home and during the inspection, it was noted that the drain pipe in the basement went "uphill" in one section. This issue was never resolved. At this point in time, the first floor tenant has begun to complain that when the tenants on the top floors...

Shower drain not butting up with pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I glued in a 2" pipe to the drain and it did not quite butt up against it but worse than that when I attached the pipe to the flange there is a gap of about 3/8". The parts all dry fit no problem. I guess I didn't move fast enough or used too much PVC cement. My question is will this leak? Do I...

Shower drain pipe [ 3 Answers ]

Hey Guys , Need some advice. I am remodeling my bathroom, have removed the tub and walls and will install a shower only on the cement pad. The cement around the old drain pipe has never been filled in, which I guess is normal, however I need to extend the pipe to the center of my shower and...

View more questions Search