Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dynadoll Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2012, 04:09 PM
    Bleeding
    I got 2 steroid injections in my back in July. My period was to start 3 days after the last shot. It didn't. Seventeen days later I started spotting and now I have been bleeding very heavy with clotting for 25 days straight. Did the shot mess with my cycle? Will it go back to normal? When? Will birth control make it stop? I'm 43 and usually have a really normal period. Help!
    krafteame Posts: 48, Reputation: 11

Sep 2, 2012, 05:40 PM
    I am not trying to alarm you but at your age it would be wise to go to your doctor and be checked. Any abnormal or heavy bleeding at 40 or older should be checked right away. I had similar bleeding and luckely went to my ob/gyn and she did a biopsy of my uterus. 2 days later she called me at it was positive for uterine cancer. Since I listened to my body and didn't wait the cancer was caught early and I am hear to tell the tale of it. I cannot stress enough how important it is to pay attention to what your body tries to tell you. It may be from something else but hey, would you really want to chance it?
    I will keep you in my prayers, please keep us informed on how you do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding again [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a baby 2 months ago & my boyfriend & I have been having unprotected sex since before the 6 weeks was up & now 2 months later I started bleeding again, I'm currently on the Depo shot. I get pains but it doesn't feel like cramps & my cervix is really sore, I heard about girls getting...

Light bleeding. Implation Bleeding? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I have a couple of serious questions. Okay I'm 17 and me and my boyfriend fooled around on Nov.14.2008 and we used no protection, and not to mention he let his sperm go inside me. I was due to start my period Nov.18.2008 but its late I never started but my periods are VERY regular. Now just...

Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it that I bleed during sex only

Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I came on my period on 01/08/11 and went off 01/10/11 I am now back on my cycle and it has not even been two weeks, what could be the cause of this?

View more questions Search