Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazyinGA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2012, 06:15 AM
    Invisable bugs crawl on me at night
    I also have those little tiny bugs, I have pulled my comfortor have and see them on the top sheet, My sister and her husband had passed away---sorta natural causes, they had a house full of birds, I had packed up her clothes in boxes to have a yard sale with. Decieded to start looking at them so I took one of the boxes out to look at the clothes, I had them spread out on my bed. The next night I started feeling things crawl on me, I thought it may be a fly in the room that had landed on me, the next day I strip my bed and washed everything, but that night still felt them, so once again took everything off washed it took the vacuum to the mattresses and I have a form topper. I didn't see anything. But once again I felt them crawling on me, Everybody that comes over I ask them if they would sit on my bed and see, but no one has felt anything.
    I thought it was in my head--
    I started putting my comfortor in the dryer at high heat and would leave it in there for several hours, but to no avail.
    I don't sleep at night due to them, I did find a lot of the whatever they on, put them on a piece of tape and have not found a pest control office open to see if they had seen them before. I do feel once in awhile a biting.
    I am at my wits end, I thought about just burning my bedroom down before I get them in the rest of my funiture. I just strip the bedding and they are in the foam topper, well I found some on the top.
    So of them are brown in different sizes and I have found some green with little clear wings on them.
    Has anybody found what they are? And how to treat them some one told me to spray Lysol on my bed mattress and pillows, it helped for one night, then I have sprayed flea and roach spray on the floor and the mattresses and left it out to dry and soak in, but it hasn't helped. I recently started spraying myself with Off, at night, once again it helped one night. Its like they get used to it after one use.
    Please HELP
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 30, 2012, 06:19 AM
    Go to birdmites.org.
    I think that's what you have.
    You could try inexpensive bombs, sold in 3-packs in hardware stores. They work for fleas and most common insects, but I'm not sure about bird mites, which are extremely difficult to get rid of.
    Please don't ask people to sit on your bed or even have them over until you resolve this.
    crazyinGA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2012, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Go to birdmites.org.
    I think that's what you have.
    You could try inexpensive bombs, sold in 3-packs in hardware stores. They work for fleas and most common insects, but I'm not sure about bird mites, which are extremely difficult to get rid of.
    Please don't ask people to sit on your bed or even have them over til you resolve this.
    I have looked at sites with bird mites they are NOT them, some of them have like little wings on them are are green a bright green.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 30, 2012, 09:17 AM
    'So of them are brown in different sizes and I have found some green with little clear wings on them. '

I still think you have bird mites, and the winged insects might be thrips (which do have wings) that feed on mites.
    Since you are able to get some attached to clear tape (good idea) I would continue that route, get some more, and contact an exterminator.

There are thousands of varieties of mites, and there are maybe 6 or 7 kinds of thrips. But the fact that this all started after the encounter with the stuff from the house full of birds, and the fact that you can't get rid of them, are strong clues that what are biting you are bird mites.
    PapillonOne Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2012, 10:29 PM
    Powdered sulphur or food grade diamtomaceous earth should help get rid of this. You sprinkle it all over (use a sifter of some sort) and you can even put either on your skin and wash it off when you bathe in the morning. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Invisable bugs? [ 0 Answers ]

We have been living with this nightmare for about three years now. My father, brother and myself seem to very senmsitive to these little critters; everyone else in the family seems to be imune to them. We have been through the gamit of solutions, cleaners, oils, lotions, pesticides, doctors,...

Invisable small black flying bugs [ 1 Answers ]

I have some kind of invisable bug in my frontroom. It stays in the frontroom and does not go into the other rooms. It comes out in the evening. When you get it wet it is black. We put them in a bowl of vinegar and they turn orange. We have been trying for months to get rid of it and nothing has...

Invisable hole in my pool [ 1 Answers ]

I have an above ground pool and filled it up and the water level went down half way, I then refilled the pool and it stayed full for a week. I then filled it due to the kids playing in it and it once again emptied but only down 1/4 from the top. Still can't find a hole! Can someone tell me...

View more questions Search