Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CSAS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2012, 11:58 PM
    Why is my new Cartilage piercing so sore.
    I got my Cartilage (helix) pierced on my left ear on Saturday (25th August). I got it done at a place called destiny (popular for body piercings) with a needle. It's been three days since I've had it and yesterday my ear was fine but today I woke up and it's been throbbing all day, it's slightly red. I'm worried it could be infected or something's happened to the cartilage itself. I've been using home made saline solution to clean it morning and night and just bought this stuff chemists supply when you get your ears pierced, so I'm using both of that now. Could someone please tell me if it's normal or if I should seek medical help.Hopefully it will start feeling better. Could someone also tell me the approximate heeling time for the piercing too.

Cheers,
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Aug 27, 2012, 06:38 PM
    All you really need to take care of this is antibacterial soap and maybe some sea salt or tea tree oil.
    Make sure to wash at least 3 or 4 times a day with antibacterial soap. Make sure to rinse thoroughly (soap left in the piercing can cause an infection).
    Sea salt will draw out infection. Take a pinch of fine grain sea salt to approximately a shot glass of warm water, stir until dissolved, and soak on your piercing for a few minutes after cleaning.
    Always remember* Never, ever touch a piercing unless you are cleaning it. Touching with unwashed hands is just inviting germs to an open wound.
    Healing time on a helix is 2- 3 months, generally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a Tragus piercing hurt more than a cartilage piercing? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm dying to get my Tragus pierced ! I have a cartilage peircing and honestly it was just a little Pinch 1-10 on pane scale 10 being most I would say 3-4 but I'm really scared to get my Tragus pierced does it hurt worse than the cartilage piercing ?

Cartilage piercing is sore and swolen [ 2 Answers ]

I had my cartilage (helix) peirced last Tuesday the (7th) and its been fine for the days then but yesterday my boyfriend was giving me a cuddle and he hit it twice once in the morning and before bed, but right before he hit it before bed I got it caught in my hair, and I am not sure if I slept on...

Cartilage piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I have 2 ear piercings on my lobe.. And I'm getting my cartilage pierced tomorrow at piercing pagoda with a gun.. And I'm scared to deathhh! Do you think it will hurt? Or does it hurt?

Cartilage piercing. HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

I'm getting my cartilage pierced on Sunday and don't know whether to do needle or gun... my sister got hers with a gun and can't really change hers because it is so messed up. Which is better?

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I'm planning to get my cartilage pierced but I was wondering if anyone who got their belly button pierced has also gotten their cartilage done because I want to know about the pain and I got my belly button done with very little discomfort... so if anyone has gotten both done I would love your...

View more questions Search