Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mo222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Bathroom plumbing with basement bathroom
    Could you please tell me what cause my upstairs bathroom to back up into my basement bathroom?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 12:06 PM
    There is blockage in your drain after the basement bathroom. When the upstairs drains it can go through the drain enough so it backs up. Are your drains vented as they should be? I'd start rodding the drain at the nearest cleanout. Maybe remove the toilet in the basement if that doesn't help and rod from there. Check your vent pipe to be sure they are operating correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement Bathroom Plumbing Sketch [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the planning stages of installing a bathroom in the basement of my home. It has not been plumbed for one so I will be breaking concrete to install the drain plumbing and sewage ejector pump crock. I am having a terrible time envisioning the drainage plumbing and vents for my bathroom and...

Basement Bathroom project - Plumbing/Venting [ 6 Answers ]

For the 3 years we've lived in this house our "second bathroom" has been nothing more than a toilet in the basement. I got the bright idea last weekend to try and build a complete bathroom down there. Well it's turning into a bigger project than I anticipated so I could use some help. Whoever...

Bathroom plumbing leaks [ 1 Answers ]

I installed two sinks where I previously had one. I piped them both through their own p-trap and then into a T joint and into the wall. I have a leak on both drains here the p-trap comes up and connects to the pipe that goes to the T-Joint. The piece that is leaking has a flange molded into the...

Bathroom plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

I'm doing some renovations in a home built in the mid 50's. The waste lines are all cast iron. The toilet flange needs to be replace so I have decided to change all waste lines to PVC. The toilet has a 4" bend with a 2" connection for the tub drain. The line drops below the floor about 6" to 8",...

Basement bathroom plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Could someone please tell me whether my basement bathroom drainage is properly vented? Note that I am not concerned about building to code, I just want it to work. If you are interested in answering this question, I'll email you the drawing, because this forum will not accept an upload of...

View more questions Search