Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Valerius Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Broken leg, no one walking dog
    Salutations,

I broke my leg 2 weeks ago and am unable to walk my 2 year old dog (which has always for some reason been my job)

No one in my family has walked her for the aforementioned amount of time, and I feel terrible for her, is this really bad for her health?

Fondly,
    Nat.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Regular exercise is good for both man and beast. You are missing yours too. I doubt either of you will have long term physical problems from this. She may get cabin fever before long. I have seen that happen. Maybe she will become so restless somebody in the family will help. I would hate to see you have to resort to a professional dog walker.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 6, 2007, 04:50 PM
    There are dog walkers now that you can hire. I wouldn't worry though, the dog probably thinks he is getting a break in routine. They are not without their wily ways, you know:)
    aprilj Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2007, 04:58 PM
    If he likes to play catch and return, well you can do that with a broken leg,you can do that in the house sitting on the couch. Do that until he gets tired. Better than any walk. Mostly he probably likes spending time with you on your walks more than anything. Give him lots of attention and he will be fine. When your leg is better, then you can continue your walks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Walking on the treadmill advise. [ 2 Answers ]

I've been walking and even running on the treadmill for about a month and I've been hoping to lose upper body weight such as my stomach. I wanted to know if anyone had some advise to that since I'm new to all this weight lose. I went out of my way to buy a treadmill, ab roller, bike, weights etc....

Walking on Side of Foot [ 1 Answers ]

My 17 year old son woke up one morning not able to walk on his foot. His foot has curved and is forced to walk on the side of his foot. I took him to an urgent care where they took x rays. No break, no sprain. The side of his foot was bruised and swollen but the pain was on the opposite side in...

My Dog Either Broke Or Smashed Hind Leg [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was just wondering what I should do for my dog. My heavy sliding gate fell over on one of my dog back legs. When he stands, It kind of hangs from the ankle and foot area. It looks smashed it that one spot, with swelling around it. What can I do to treat him before I get him to the vet. I...

My Dog seems to have leg pain [ 7 Answers ]

I have a nine year old boxer and every now and then he holds his leg up like it's giving him a lot of discomfort. The vet gave him a few pills once that cost over$100.00 but didn't help the problem a bit. I hear it's common in big dogs but I'm wondering if anybody can tell me how to take care of...

My dog sometimes gets scared of walking down the stairs [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, It's weird. During the last 2 months, I've noticed that my 98 pounds golden lab of 6 years has started having trouble coming down the basement. In fact, the oddity is not just restricted to the basement; sometimes when he runs upstairs to where we sleep, he has a hard time coming...

View more questions Search