Ask
    logman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Reconciliation account
    What is a reconciliation account?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 6, 2007, 02:37 PM
    The act of confirming that the balance in one's checkbook matches the corresponding bank account. Normally called 'balancing your cheque book', which should be done with you bank statement at the end of the month.

I use the Quicken programme for my money in and out. I mainly use a debit card for my everyday transactions and must enter my receipts at the end of the day. I always know just how much I have and when. All my monthly bills are paid on line.
    aprilj Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Exactly what tickle says. I do it weekly, reconcile that is. Print off your bank statement online, then match it with what you have deducted and added to your check book. (It is that little book that the bank gives you with your checks) Keep all your receipts in the checkbook until you have reconciled. This is a great way to keep track of fraud on your account. Also don't forget your bank fees. Also this is the perfect time to do through your receipts after reconciling them and putting the ones aside that can be written off at the end of the year, child care, medical, home improvement etc. Put them in a shoe box if you have to. Makes for easy filing at the end of the year. At least that is what I do. My checkbook is never off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Reconciliation [ 9 Answers ]

1. The CASH account in the Depositors Ledger is an what? (a)asset with debit balance (b) asset with credit balance (c) liability with a debit balance (d) liability with a credit balance 2. Following the completion of the bank rec. and adjusting entry was made that debited cash and redited...

Thoughts on reconciliation [ 148 Answers ]

Entire story merged I mainly post to offer my story to help anyone else that ends up in the situation I'm in, there's really little I can do at present, but I suppose advice never hurts. We dated for 2 years, we're both 21 in college. It wasn't a perfect relationship, but we mainly had the...

Dreams, Reconciliation, and Moving On [ 1 Answers ]

I've had dreams of reconciliation with a previous lover now and again for four years since we broke up. Things ended without much closure. I tried to attain some later through a letter, but she never replied. I want to let her move on with her life (God knows it's been a long time and we're...

View more questions Search