Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shellfish101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 03:54 PM
    Invisible, biting bugs with new carpet?
    I recently had new carpet installed. Ever since something has been biting my feet and lower legs, in that room of the house only. The bite marks are small and incredibly itchy. The carpet came from Lowe's and the saleman told me it came directly from Georgia somewhere. Any ideas?
    PapillonOne Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 11:23 PM
    Pretty sure you are describing the behavior of mites. There are so many kinds. My boyfriend' s bedroom became infested when a bird nested in the eave of his house in the corner over this bedroom. Turns out the little baby birds died in their nest from all the mite bites and the parents abandoned the nest. Then the mites had to find something to bite and get their blood meal from and that was us. Back then (20 years ago) & before we found the source of the mites and removed it, the doctor suggested dusting ourselves and the area up in the eave after removing the nest with sulphur powder which is fine and yellow. Worked great but the yellow might stain your rug. (There is also a chance during transport that bedbugs or even fleas could have gotten in the carpet from the truck the carpet was in.)

I am thinking you should try dusting the rug with food grade diatomaceos earth as that should handle mites, bed bugs and fleas. It is often sold in health food and pet stores. Go to: http://www.earthworkshealth.com and you will find lots of info on this product. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Invisible bugs biting & crawling on me [ 24 Answers ]

I been getting bites on my body, face, & head. They also bites during the day. I can feel them crawling under my clothes. I bought new clothes to test if its my detergent. I go out in my new clothes for hrs & I don't have that feeling. But when I got home for like 20 minutes. I can feel them...

Has anyone found a solution for the invisible biting bugs [ 24 Answers ]

I'm just wondering if all of us that are experiencing these invisible biting bugs have something in common. The reason why I say that is that these things only attack certain people. Has anyone explored a possible link to prescription drugs? I myself take about 5 different prescribed drugs. ...

Invisible biting/stinging bugs [ 59 Answers ]

We live close to several farmer's fields and have gotten overwhelmed by some type of grain mite. As of yet, no one has been able to identify which specific type. Have tried many different sprays along w/ the exterminators advice. Anyone know how to get rid of these things. We have lost a couch...

What are these almost invisible biting bugs in 1 room of our house? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Colorado and for the last year we are getting bites from some invisible flying bugs. We have bombed the entire house, sprayed the front and back yards including the foundation of our house as well. The bites are small raised red bumps that really itch. They seem to bite more at night. ...

View more questions Search