Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needadvice Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 10:27 AM
    NJ property tax credit and homestead rebate
    Hi, I live and work in New Jersey and I live as a tenant in an apartment complex. Am I eligible for the Property tax deduction/credit and/or the homestead rebate? How do I know if the property tax is being deducted from the rent? Also, do the entries NJSUI, NJSDI and WF/HC in the box 14 of the W2 have to be entered anywhere while filing the NJ1040?

Thanks..
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 10:42 PM
    You are eligible for a renter's rebate. You rent represents 18% of the proeprty tax for the complex.

Not that I know of!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H4 tax rebate [ 1 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My annual income in the US would be $60000. I understand this is taxable at 30% amounting to $3500 per month(is this correct?). If I have 2 dependants on H4(my spouse and baby), what would be the tax rebate? How...

H4 - Tax rebate [ 1 Answers ]

My company in the US would pay me $5000. I understand this is taxable at 30% amounting to $3500 per month(is this correct?). If I have 2 dependants on H4(my spouse and baby), what would be the tax rebate? How much money would I end up in hand per month?

Homestead/Rent Credit Refund [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know if a homestead/rent credit is mailed as an individual refund, or is it added on/included in your state refund?

Income tax rebate on housing loan [ 2 Answers ]

I have taken housing loan from my office in the yr.2002 for flat under construction.I have already started deduction from my salary for the above loan.I have taken possession of the above flat in the current yr 2007. Shall I get income tax benefits for the accrued int.ffrom theyr 2002.If yes or no...

Tax Rebate for my Spouse [ 1 Answers ]

I was in US for the full year 2005 on L1 Visa and my wife could join me only in the month of Jan,2006 as she was expecting and the paper work for the new born in India could only be completed by Jan,2006. Can I claim tax exemptions for both of them.I don't have any SSN or ITIN for my spouse and...

View more questions Search