Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paul nocera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2012, 07:52 PM
    Pass hair test
    I smoked a half a joint 2 and a half months ago.Will I be able to pass a hair drug test. I do exercise a lot and drink a lot if water.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2012, 06:23 AM
    The ways that drugs are incorporated into hair and the nature of hair drug testing negate the value of dilution and exercise once the drug has been deposited in the hair.

However, drugs are deposited (incorporated) into hair at very different rates and in different ways.

Cannabis metabolites have the lowest rate of incorporation of all drugs therefore are not detected simply because the metabolite THC-COOH* 1) doesn't bind to hair components and/or 2) doesn't bind in sufficient quantity to rise above the level of detection on testing.

The result is that low level cannabis use is not discovered in HDT.

*this is the only metabolite that can be used to show direct ingestion.

Ref:
    Nakahara, Y (1999) Hair analysis for abused and therapeutic drugs. Journal of Chromatography B, 733 (1999) 161–180, [p 174 contains graph of incorporation by drug type]

Musshoff F, Madea B. (2006) Review of biologic matrices (urine, blood, hair) as indicators of recent or ongoing cannabis use. There Drug Monit. Apr 2006;28(2):155-63

DuPont 2008, Random Student Drug Tests Are They Effective for Identifying Occasional Drug Users? p. 8

Marilyn A. Huestis (2007) Human Cannabinoid Pharmacokinetics. Chem Biodivers. 2007 August; 4(8): 1770–1804. Sec 3.5

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I pass a hair test? [ 6 Answers ]

I snorted a very small amount of meth a little over five weeks ago. Boy will I never do that again. Can I pass a hair test. I have never done meth prior to that situation. I have short hair and I am very active and drink lots of fluids daily. I was my hair everyday with normal shampoos.

Need to pass hair test [ 0 Answers ]

I had a hair test done yesterday I been clean 75 days.in January I smoked mayb 6 times not very heavy.an in December a few times also but I usually stay clean for weeks to months before that.feb 9th I smoked meth... sO I been clean from weed 75 days an meth 2months.. I'm just wondering if I have a...

How to pass a hair strand test [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm in the prosses of getting my daughter back at court but I have to do another hair strand test to see how much alcohol I've been drinking is there any way I could pass the test or do it so it looks like I haven't hardly had a drink?? Thanks

How to pass a hair folicle test [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know how to pass a hair folicle test. Does anybody know by experience?

Will I pass my hair test [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am gettting tested for drugs next fall, it is winter now, this last summer in July, I tried marijuana for the first time ever, that was in July, if I get tested next:( following fall, a little more then a year later, will I pass? Everyone says that it only looks back 90 days so I should...

View more questions Search