Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    withhope2010 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 06:10 AM
    Concerned about my canned foods + the very hot temperature in my house
    Because of the very rising temperatures, my house is very hot. I live in an upper duplex (and heat rises! ). I am concerned about the safety of my canned foods which I have stock of and are stored in the pantry in my kitchen. There is no other place that is "cool" (such as a garage or basement) that I have any access to. I am wondering if I should I store them in the fridge? (i.e. salmon, tuna, corn, etc.) And if yes, when the summer is over, can I place them back on the pantry shelves? I would appreciate your opinions and experiences. Thank you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2012, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by withhope2010 View Post
    Because of the very rising temperatures, my house is very hot. I live in an upper duplex (and heat rises!!). I am concerned about the safety of my canned foods which I have stock of and are stored in the pantry in my kitchen. There is no other place that is "cool" (such as a garage or basement) that I have any access to. I am wondering if I should I store them in the fridge? (i.e. salmon, tuna, corn, etc.) And if yes, when the summer is over, can I place them back on the pantry shelves? I would appreciate your opinions and experiences. Thank you.

Unless the cans bulge you are all right. Canned foods are stored in blazing hot warehouses on a regular basis.
    funnyfreefarm Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 06:42 AM
    It shouldn't be an issue, like the previous poster stated, cans sit in warehouses and in trucks for long periods and get hot. Do you have air conditioning? If you have a window you may want to add a window unit or a portable A/C to help cool it off more, and maybe make it more comfortable for you, and your canned items :)

I for sure wouldn't put your items in the fridge and then later on take them back out though.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2012, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by funnyfreefarm View Post
    I for sure wouldn't put your items in the fridge and then later on take them back out though.

Why is this? Did I miss something?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good foods bad foods [ 5 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knows what foods I should avoid if trying to get pregnane and if there are any foods I should eat more of? Also I am know taking prenatal vitimins after dinner on a full stomach is thar right? Be grateful for your advice X

Very hot house & spoilage of unopened canned pet food-safer in fridge? [ 2 Answers ]

I would appreciate your opinions, advice and experiences regarding finding out if it is safer to keep unopened cans of expensive special Cat and dog foods in the fridge? (the cans are from the Vet, for particular ailments whereby some of my pets are on certain diets to treat their health issues)...

What is to hot of temperature for computers [ 1 Answers ]

What is the proper room temperature for a computers. Also what temperature is to hot for computers.

Dog peed in house- concerned [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 4 yr old housebroken Pomapoo. Today, I caught him peeing on the floor in the kitchen. I yelled no, I tried tapping him on the rear, even lifting him up... and he just kept going. He didn't lift his leg, he was squatting down, so I don't think he was marking territory. He knows better. ...

Hot temperature [ 3 Answers ]

Is hot temp. will affect the baby in womb

View more questions Search