Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louise1928 Posts: 69, Reputation: 9

Aug 4, 2012, 12:34 PM
    Cousin on drugs! SHOULD I TELL?!
    My cousin, is on drugs I know this from my cousin sister who is also my cousin. She says he comes home stoned most nights and her mum doesn't notice because he hides it well usually when he comes in he goes straight to sleep or confines himself to his room. He texts his sister saying guess what I just did.. The other day she walked in on him snorting paracetamol and ibprofen crushed up. He said apparently it slows your reactions. What should I do? I don't want to tell on him but if his sister can't make him stop I doubt I can. There dad was thrown out that might be part of the reason (he assaulted my aunt) the kids had walked in an managed to pull him off her. Also if I told it would cause some major arguments beetween me, my cousins and aunt. What can I do? The cousin on drugs is 15 (recently) and his sister is 16 I am 14, 15 next month they are like my best friends to me as well as cousins I couldn't imagine losing either of them help! -thanks
    JessicaW8 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2012, 02:19 PM
    He won't get any better unless you tell someone. Don't worry about feeling bad. He needs help.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 4, 2012, 07:34 PM
    If you know for sure this is going on, you should tell.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 4, 2012, 08:53 PM
    You do not know this for sure, his sister needs to tell her parents.

Aug 5, 2012, 01:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You do not know this for sure, his sister needs to tell her parents.
    I do know for sure, since my cousin has never lied before and I doubt she would lie about something so serious going on with her brother. She doesn't want to tell her parents beacause she doesn't want her brother to hate her.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 05:18 AM
    No, for sure is seeing him using the drugs for yourself. You have second hand info. You tell and then they ask sister and she denies telling you, that makes you appear to be a lier.

Or you with his sister goes to his parents and tell them together.

You only have someone else's word, that is not knowing for sure.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 06:58 AM
    I agree with Fr_Chuck. If you did not see it with your own eyes you don't know for sure.
    How old is the cousin who saw this? If she is so worried and concerned, she needs to tell her parents or like Chuck said have you go with her to tell them.

Aug 5, 2012, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    I agree with Fr_Chuck. If you did not see it with your own eyes you don't know for sure.
    How old is the cousin who saw this? If she is so worried and concerned, she needs to tell her parents or like Chuck said have you go with her to tell them.
    She is 16 seventeen soon, she is a generally well behaved child who wouldn't lie normally this is why I find it hard not to believe
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 05:55 PM
    Then she is old enough to do the right thing instead of bringing you in to it.
    She needs to speak up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do with my cousin ? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello , I have a cousin and she graduated this year and I'm in grade 9 . I always loved her but she always ignored me. But I never stopped trying to be close with her because I don't have a sister and she doesn't too so that's why I want to be like sisters with her. I always cared about her...

Course in cousin [ 5 Answers ]

How many typse of course in deffrent manu?

My cousin [ 0 Answers ]

My cousin is mOving over seas and I really will miss her any Ideas of what goodbye gifts I could get her?

Looking for my cousin [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for my cousin, his name is daniel lyndon williams he was born in 1968 or 69 and was born in wayne Michigan

View more questions Search