Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vrindavishnu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 01:09 PM
    How to get ITIN
    Hai,

My husband came to US in June 2006 in H1. I and my son came to US in November 2006 in H4.

1. What is the procedure for getting ITIN?
    2. Should me and my son both apply for ITIN?
    3. What are the documents that I should have so that I can apply for ITIN?
    4. How long will it take to get ITIN?

I would be grateful if you could please provide me any help

Thanks,
    Vrinda
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 01:30 PM
    1) Download W-7 from Internal Revenue Service, fill it out, attach a notarized photocopy of your passport, and submit it with your tax return.

2) Yes.

3) Notarized photocopy of passport.

4) About a month.

As an alternative, you MAY be able to get issued an ITIN at your local IRS office. Call and ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No ITIN For Spouse [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Problems: 1) No ITIN For spouse. 2) Only 3 days remain to file taxes. 3) worked in 2 states(CA and NC) and I might owe about $10 in NC but will be receiving money in CA and Federal. 4) To claim standard deduction I need to wait until I get spouse's ITIN. One suggestion has been to...

Confused about ITIN [ 3 Answers ]

Hi good day to all, I am new member here, I'm so glad that I found this site, I have question about taxes and really need help,. last year my husband file W7 to get ITIN for me I am still In philippines and I do not have SSN , then IRS send my husband my ITIN and this year 2007 I am still in...

Applying for ITIN [ 1 Answers ]

I am on H1B and my wife on H4. I shall be filing for taxes as married jointly. I have learned that my wife will need an ITIN since she is not eligible for SSN. Got a couple of queries regarding this. 1) How do I apply for ITIN... I read it somewhere that I need to fill W7, attach a notarised...

Details for ITIN [ 1 Answers ]

I need to apply for ITIN for my wife who is on H4 with me . I came to US in Aug 2006. Can I send just only W7 to IRS to get ITIN or do I have to go for any other things. Or do I need to send it when I file my returns?

What is needed to get ITIN [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I came to US in Feb 2006 on H1 and working in Atlanta since then. 1 month back, my wife joined me on H4 visa. To get health insurance (family plan), they asked to ITIN(since she is not eligible to get SSN). But, W7, they ask to attach documentation providing reason for applying for...

View more questions Search