Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauriegarris Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Boy Kitten Name
    Hello.

I was searching for kitten names and I found this site. I can not come up with a name for my cat. It is a boy, he is very loving, loud and feisty. He is a Bengal with a lot of glittering (that means that he shines). I was wanting something unique and I am having no luck. I have attached pictures.

Thanks.
    Attached Images

Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 5, 2007, 10:57 AM
    He looks a bit like a Loki, to me.

Loki is the Norse god of mischief.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 11:27 AM
    What a handsome boy! He reminds me a lot of my Bengal (female). We called her Tara (partly because we felt she was of the earth and partly after my deceased husband, Terry). Make sure you take him to vet and have his heart routinely checked. They are known for heart murmurs.

We named one of her kitten's Bubo (Boobow) because she reminded us of an owl and Bubo is a form of the word owl. I like either a two or three syllable name for a cat, because it's easier when you call them.

Anyhow, here are some of my faves:

Adrian
    Bongo
    Caesar
    Duncan (brown warrior)
    Kato (the most expensive cat ever purchased was a Bengal name Cato)
    Kho Kho (a Bengali game)
    Sebastian (one of my personal favourites)
    Zachary (Zack)

I also found a website strictly devoted to naming Bengals HERE.

Hope you find something suitable! Let us know your final decision.

Hope this helps.

Didi
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 5, 2007, 11:50 AM
    I love the pics, how about Thor?
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Oh I'm so envious I want a snow bengal so much but there over 500 pounds to buy here in the uk and its a lot of money for a pet not a show cat.

He needs a posh name a name that stands out from the rest after all there one of the most top cats that breeders want.

Now for some names,
    Arwin, tuhini, Montgomery or seri

Mar 5, 2007, 12:55 PM
    grammadidi,
    Actually, he does have a slight heart murmur... so I am keeping a good eye on him. He is VERY active though, so I think that is a good sign. I adopted him so he could have a chance.

curlybenswife
    Have you ever tried looking for a bengal on this site? Bengal Cat Rescue
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 01:06 PM
    Oh Laurie do you have any idea what you might have done there sssshhhhhh don't let my hubby know giggle thank you hugs xx
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Re: the heart murmur. If the 'slight' murmur was diagnosed prior to adoption, please get a second opinion! I was told my gal had a slight murmur, too. It turned out that she has the worse heart condition that THREE vets I have taken her to since have ever heard! The first vet suggested I have her put to sleep. Both the first and second vet told me that she likely wouldn't live past her first heat, much less her first year! They would not vaccinate or spay her because of the severity of her heart condition.

A warning to all prospective Bengal owners... make the adoption conditional upon there being no heart issues! I know they all need homes, but a lot of these cats suffer terribly because it is their natural instinct to NOT show when they are in pain. By the time you see symptoms, you can bet that the cat's condition is very bad. A lot of times these kits come into places (such as rescues) for adoption because the breeders can't sell them with the heart conditions (Not ALL breeders! There are many GREAT breeders out there!) so they dump them off elsewhere. I was involved with an investigation where the breeder was posing as a rescue in order to make money off the cats/kittens with health issues!

I was told by all the vets who have seen my gal that they could do a very extensive surgery, medical costs well over $2500.00, and if we didn't lose the cat on the table that there were still no guarantees. In fact, in all likliehood, due to the severity of her condition they only gave her a 3 to 10% chance of surviving the surgery, and only about a 5% chance that they could correct the condition. I was not going to put our gal through that. We decided to keep her until she passed away, but in researching before making my decision I learned just how huge a problem this is. There are support groups for people who own Bengals with heart problems and it is so sad reading their stories of spending thousands of dollars, running from doctor to doctor, the poor cats suffering so much and just dying in such severe pain anyway.

Sorry, don't mean to rain on your parade! Just wanted to warn people to make sure they get a second opinion! I was told that my gal's condition on a scale of 1 to 10 was a 20. The initial vet report from the rescue was "Slight heart murmur. Should be monitored." Less than two weeks later she was seen by my vet and I was told she had a stage 5 heart murmur and a severe heart defect. Gosh I hope your boy stays healthy!

You might find that he will require more rest than most cats. My gal was incredibly active, but then would sleep for hours. We treated her like one of the dogs, though, and she became one tough cat! She escaped when we were moving and got pregnant... carried 5 kittens to term... delivered all naturally... none with heart murmurs, thank God. Because we live in the country I spoke to our new vet about getting vaccinations and being spayed. We decided that the risks of surgery were high, but it was far worse for her to get a disease or pregnant again. He did a super quickie surgery and splits her vaccines up into smaller doses over a period and she will be FOUR years old in July! We were truly blessed. We wanted her to have fun and live... if even for a few short months and she has had nearly four gloriously happy years.

Make sure you ask the vet what symptoms you need to look for that indicate the beginning stages of distress. Make sure you have an emergency vet service number handy. Keep him active and on a good heart diet and don't let him get overweight and I'll bet you'll be lucky with this boy too.

Hugs, Didi
    Maddie1110 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 04:05 PM
    He looks like my parents cat HENRY! It took me 3 weeks to name my dog. Something will click. Keep calling him names, maybe he'll respond to one and that will be it :)

Mar 6, 2007, 08:25 AM
    I really liked some of the names on here, like Sebastian and Arwin, but my boyfriend hated them. I think we have decided on Kairo. I guess it will grow on me. :o)

grammadidi,
    I have made him an appointment for the vet on Wednesday to get him checked out, to know what to look for with his situation. Hopefully everything will go well at the vet tomorrow. I will let you know what I find out.

Laurie
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Mar 8, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Damien looks like a good one too lol
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 08:08 AM
    I am anxiously awaiting an update from the vet... with fingers and toes crossed! :)

Love, Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It's a Boy! [ 31 Answers ]

Well, its official, we had the ulrasound and we found out we are having another baby boy! We are so excited!:p

Which boy? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, So I just broke up with my boyfriend not too long ago and the next day I regreted it COMPLETELY. But then this guy that I have been like in love with forever told his best friend he liked me who told me so I forgot about him and me and the guy ung out for a while we held handss and like he...

Boy or girl [ 9 Answers ]

I am 3 months pregnant, will I have a boy or a girl

This boy [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: this boy likes me but he's afraid to ask me out what should I do it? I think its wrong if the girl asks out a guy,, or should I have mi friend do it , Or in a note?? :confused:

Boy trouble [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks you guys! You were great help. I chose Michael, James is to immature, and I almost NEVER see Dylan! I'll be posting!

View more questions Search