Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tav26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 04:55 PM
    matched or independent
    ATC is having nine machines which produces these slip-ring bearing. James, a quality
    inspector randomly selected Machine #3 and Machine #7. A sample of 200 slip-ring
    bearings selected from each machine production and there diameter measured in
    centimetres.
    According to the given specification of this type of bearing the acceptable diameters
    ranges between 4.95 and 5.05 centimetres i.e. any bearing below 4.95cm or above
    5.05cm is considered defective. Assume data is normally distributed.

A) is it matched or independent
    B)Can James conclude that Machine #7 has lower defective rate than Machine #3?( how to write the null hypothesis and alternative)..

Check out some similar questions!

Questions on paired t-tests [ 1 Answers ]

(1). A two tailed test is conducted at the 5% significance level. What is the p-value required to reject the null hypothesis? (2) a two tailed test is conducted at the 5% significance level. What is the right tail percentile required to reject the null hypothesis?

Condenser and evaporater not matched [ 0 Answers ]

My outside conderser 18 year old York 3 ton unit sprung a leak. The home warranty company sent someone out and they said they will replace it. The a/c never cooled very well anyway. If during the heat of the day 90 - 105 degrees outside, it would take hours to cool 1 or 2 degrees. Now that it...

Stats -- paired T-tests [ 0 Answers ]

I have a question on Paired T-tests in statistics, and degrees of freedom. I understand that N-1 is what I need to do. My homework question is confusing though. It asks: A school psychologist takes a group of students and pairs them up, making 12 pairs. He is performing a paired T-test....

Non matched wire size for temp genarator power [ 1 Answers ]

I have to temp in existing 100 kw diesel generator. The load wires from the generator are paralleled 500mcm copper about 500' from the transfer switch.The existing 500 mcm are about 60' short of new location of transfer switch. I would like to use 350 al wire paralleled to run the last 60' on a...

Mix and matched 12-2 and 14-2 [ 1 Answers ]

I have the walls open on my house and have discovered that a previous "electrician" has mix and matched 14 and 12 gauge wire within a single 15 amp circuit. I know that mixing in 14 gauge into a 20 amp circuit is a no-no.. . But is combining the wires on a 15 amp circuit OK?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.