Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tikki14 Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Jul 19, 2012, 12:24 AM
    How to become more friendly?
    I'm a kind of shy person, I usually like to listen more than talk, but when I start talking you can hardly stop me. I have only two good friends and I'm happy I have them, but I would like to become more friendly so that I can make friends easier. I don't mean that I would leave my bestfriends in defiance of 1000 so called friends, but I feel that I'm quite isolated in comparison with others and I'd like to meet new people, make new connections. I just... I don't know how to interract with new people... even if they are the first ones to talk to me, I'm not good at carrying a conversation without looking weird or unsociable. I love being surrounded by people, so I don't consider that I have any problems of this kind, I just like to watch closely that person, see how he / she talks, behaves and only if they are patient enough to take my time to open up myself they become my friends. I wish I could skip these steps and be simply friendly. I'm going to move town so I will definitely meet new people and I wish I made a better impression.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 19, 2012, 01:55 AM
    "I just like to watch closely that person, see how he / she talks, behaves and only if they are patient enough to take my time to open up myself they become my friends."

"I wish I could skip these steps and be simply friendly."

"I wish I made a better impression."

Those 3 statements suggest to me that you think that being friendly is about how you present yourself, and it isn't. Being friendly with new people especially is about saying hi, how are you (wait for an answer), and a few small nice comments about that person - nice shirt, you have good taste, I liked what you said in class/work/etc. Opening up about yourself comes later, and not in a long speech either, but in just a sentence or 2 here and there. You will know when the friendship is ready for that deep conversation about likes, dislikes, your past, your future, what makes you compatible. That rarely happens right away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does he like me or just friendly [ 3 Answers ]

I met this guy in shop ( he was a Volunteer) anyway he noticed me right away when walked in he came over and asked if I had been to the concert was wearing a band t shirt)h esaid he was there anyway we spoke for a while I saw him again the other day he came right over talking asking if I had been...

Friendly ghost [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm wondermum,I think my friend has a ghost,because her photos are falling from her fireplace and smashing for no reason can u give me a answer please:confused:

Cheating or being friendly? [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 3 and a half years now, he's 8 years younger than I am, but this has never been a problem or even an issue. A few months ago, I found some messages between my boyfriend and an "old friend" of his... female of course. In this message, he proceeded to...

View more questions Search