Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tiffany Niclass Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2012, 01:50 PM
    How does one trust someone else?
    How can I trust my boyfriend? I'm always so worried about him. I always think he’s cheating on me. We live in the same land, just not in the same village. And when I’m with him I trust him but when I’m not with him I can’t trust him because I’m always thinking he’s with someone else. I mean I ask him if he’s hiding something from me and the way he says "No" makes me think.

Some days ago we had a fight because some random girl copied a load of messages over fb where he had asked her to go out like 10 times and I talked to him about it but he said it was only a joke. But I don’t believe it's a joke.

It's so hard for me to trust him. I love him so much but I can't find a way too trust him. If I had a friend to work this out with (which I don't) I wouldn’t have to ask out here but I don't have any friends so... Please somebody help me I’m dying of all this pain.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2012, 01:56 PM
    Is trust his problem or yours? Has he done anything that makes you think you can't trust him?

Why don't you have any friends? That concerns me and makes me think you are putting all of your apples in your boyfriend's basket -- that is, you depend on him too much to be everything in your life.

Jul 14, 2012, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Is trust his problem or yours? Has he done anything that makes you think you can't trust him?
    I don't know I'm just kind of nervous you know, I can't know what he's up too -.- and I'm always wondering why he won't awnser me, I always think he's hiding something from me I don't know why I just can't figure this out

Why don't you have any friends? That concerns me and makes me think you are putting all of your apples in your boyfriend's basket -- that is, you depend on him too much to be everything in your life.
    Hmm I've always had a hard time on getting friends I don't know why...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2012, 02:06 PM
    It sounds like your lack of trust is driving him away. He will be less and less inclined to answer your calls and texts if he thinks you will immediately be on his case and questioning him about his every move.

How old are you, and how old is he?

Jul 14, 2012, 02:10 PM
    How old are you, and how old is he?
    Well I'm going to turn 15 and he's 16

It sounds like your lack of trust is driving him away. He will be less and less inclined to answer your calls and texts if he thinks you will immediately be on his case and questioning him about his every move.
    He never texts me that's what's sad he never call's me too ask how I'm doing not even too say I love you or goodnight and that is really heartbreaking!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2012, 02:12 PM
    So that means you are 14. And he is your first boyfriend?

You do realize and understand that, if you keep after him to find out the "truth" of where he has been and who he has been with and what he has been doing, he will becoming history, right?

Can you think of any adults who have let you down in the past, maybe when you were a little girl?

Jul 14, 2012, 02:18 PM
    No actually he's my second boyfriend
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2012, 02:19 PM
    How was the first one? Did he call and text and say he loved you? And what happened that he isn't around any longer?

Jul 14, 2012, 02:21 PM
    My ex was a pain in the this boyfriend I have now was always so jealouse of me dating my ex I dumped my ex cause he didin't go to anything alll he did was sit in the Laptop, day in and day out and he just came online to talk with other girls not me , the boyfriend I have now does so much more, but at this time he hasen't wrote so much to me, he never text's me..

No my ex never called me never texted me
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2012, 02:22 PM
    Do you see there is a difference in how girls handle relationships at your age and how boys handle them?

Jul 14, 2012, 02:24 PM
    Yeah kind of

I just don't know what to do anymore </3
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2012, 02:32 PM
    Boys live for right now -- what fun can I have and what games can I play and what foods can I eat -- most of it satisfying physical needs and wants.

Girls on the other hand are dreamy creatures full of romantic thoughts and who cry while looking at a beautiful sunset and wonder who they will marry and how many babies they will have.

Do you see the difference?

It's not you. It's not him. Males and females have sometimes very different styles of relating to each other and to the world around them. If you can understand and accept this fact, you will save yourself much agony for the rest of your life

Now, what can you do about this situation?

Jul 14, 2012, 03:06 PM
    No it's all my fault I might just end this I end up screwing everything up anyway, no wonder he dosen't text me, I'm ruining he's life ! I mean just cause I'm so worried, if I really loved him I wouldn't go round saying that he was hiding something from me, I guess I'm just curius and scared to lose him...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2012, 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany Niclass View Post
    No it's all my fault i might just end this i end up screwing everything up anyways, no wonder he dosen't text me, im ruining he's life ! I mean just cause im so worried, if i really loved him i wouldn't go round saying that he was hiding something from me, i guess im just curius and scared to lose him ...
    C'mon now -- get a grip! That's what we females are so good at, blaming ourselves and feeling mucho guilty! Stop playing the martyr card. It doesn't become you and it makes you look all silly and stupid.

And if you end this one, what about the next one and the next one and the next one?? Stop right here and let's get this situation under control.
    bethanynjesse Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jul 14, 2012, 04:19 PM
    Sweetheart, you are simply pushing him away from you. You are holding his chain too tightly. Just because he doesn't call you to ask how you are doesn't mean he doesn't care how you are. Guys are WAY different than girls, trust me. I'm engaged to a man who never just texts me or calls me and we've been together 5 happy years. It's not all about what you see in the movies. It's about what he does.

Jul 15, 2012, 03:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bethanynjesse View Post
    Sweetheart, you are simply pushing him away from you. You are holding his chain too tightly. Just because he doesn't call you to ask how you are doesn't mean he doesn't care how you are. Guys are WAY different than girls, trust me. I'm engaged to a man who never just texts me or calls me and we've been together 5 happy years. It's not all about what you see in the movies. It's about what he does.
    Still I don't know what to do -.-
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 15, 2012, 04:39 AM
    What you do is FORCE yourself to have a life aside from a boyfriend. You are both too young for intense relationships anyway. Your lack of girlfriends and other friends and other interests to keep you occupied is worrisome. You sound too needy.

Think of this as a summer school course in Relationships, with a final exam in one month! Your daily homework is to find stuff to do without him. You will find when you are an adult that without stories to bring home to talk about, stories from OTHER events in your life aside from that person, that you soon grow boring and unlikable and petty fighting starts. So get started on that new life, and report back in one month. It doesn't mean you will lose him (but you might be about to anyway, the way you are going) and it doesn't mean you will keep him, but it's what you need for this and all future relationships.

Jul 15, 2012, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    What you do is FORCE yourself to have a life aside from a boyfriend. You are both too young for intense relationships anyway. Your lack of girlfriends and other friends and other interests to keep you occupied is worrisome. You sound too needy.

Think of this as a summer school course in Relationships, with a final exam in one month! Your daily homework is to find stuff to do without him. You will find when you are an adult that without stories to bring home to talk about, stories from OTHER events in your life aside from that person, that you soon grow boring and unlikable and petty fighting starts. So get started on that new life, and report back in one month. It doesn't mean you will lose him (but you might be about to anyway, the way you are going) and it doesn't mean you will keep him, but it's what you need for this and all future relationships.
    You know you're so not helping me here and I'm not about to lose him I'm just worried about him and NO ONE will help me
    I haven't done anything wrong I've even talked to him today about what I think about him and he thinks the same way as I do.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 10:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany Niclass View Post
    You know you're so not helping me here and i'm not about to lose him im just worried about him and NO ONE will help me
    i haven't done anything wrong i've even talked to him today about what i think about him and he thinks the exact same way as i do.
    That's where joypulv is so right. You need to find other INTERESTING things to talk about with him besides your feelings for each other. You can see that is getting old real fast already.

What about him worries you?

Jul 15, 2012, 11:57 AM
    That's where joypulv is so right. You need to find other INTERESTING things to talk about with him besides your feelings for each other. You can see that is getting old real fast already.

What about him worries you?
    No you guys are so wrong if he cheats on me I'm blaming you and joypulv I came to get help not to get worse!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend doesn't trust me but I trust him when I possibly shouldn't? [ 10 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and me and my boyfriend, who is 21, have been dating for about 4 months now. This is only my second real relationship and he is the only guy I have ever felt like I truly loved. We tell each other we love each other all the time, and he has even brought up marriage but I'm not...

How do I regain parents trust after a serious trust break down? [ 1 Answers ]

Basically my ex fiancŽ did dope and I had a little of it now and again, but then when we broke up I found more of my mates do it too. As I enjoyed a little smoke now and again I bought my own stuff e.g a grinder and some weed. For 3 weeks I was buying my own and hiding it at home. Ä°t was never a...

In an A,B, C trust/ no will, community stock not listed in trust, who gets [ 5 Answers ]

My stepdad passed away in may of 2009, him and my mom were married for 20 years. He had an old a,b,c, trust that dates back to 1986 and it has no will. The C trust lists some old assets but most are gone. He never redid it just updated it in 1993 he son appears to have been named in it the...

Is it wrong for me not to trust him, or do I just not trust because of my ex? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I'm not sure if I am just being paranoid, or if I'm right. My ex guy(Tony) was seemingly wonderful to me and I had no idea that he was a habitual cheater until after we broke up. This guy (Jason) has a lot in common with my ex, in that he is in the army and shared some exes with him....

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

View more questions Search