Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louise1928 Posts: 69, Reputation: 9

Jul 14, 2012, 12:51 PM
    Can long distance relationships work?
    Well, there's this boy Iv'e known him a while and I like him a lot. Thing is he lives in Jordan. I don't know if I want I boyfriend I can hardly ever see. (I live in england) I tried a long distance relationship with my ex who I was dating when I lived in South Africa, I had to move to England it didn't end well. I'm 15 so it makes things a little more complicated I can't just pay for a ticket to go out there with my paper route money.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 14, 2012, 02:15 PM
    This a moot point isn't it. Why ask, you know what the answers will be. I mean, between england and the middle east!!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 14, 2012, 07:35 PM
    If you don't want a long distance relationship (which at your age and the distance, it doesn't make sense any way) just be friends with him.
    There is no law that says you have to be boy friend and girlfriend.
    BridgeOfLight97 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2012, 09:36 PM
    A teenage perspective: They can work depending on the distance, the types of people trying and the amount of time you'd get to spend together. In this case though, I agree with tickle and Homegirl50, I think it might be best to just be friends, instead of trying to make it work with such a big distance between you both especially since your still a teen.
    saltlifek Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2012, 12:16 PM
    Here is a little story. I was with a guy for a long time, and he broke up with me because I was moving out of state. So all those months, almost a year, were for nothing. His words were that "Long distance relationships can't work, they don't work, I'll never see you". I think long distance relationships can work, it's just hard work! My advice to you is wait till your 18 to see if you still like him, once your 18, move to where he is. Focus on friends, family, school, and guys in your area!
    louise1928 Posts: 69, Reputation: 9

Oct 6, 2012, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by saltlifek View Post
    Here is a little story. I was with a guy for a long time, and he broke up with me because I was moving out of state. So all those months, almost a year, were for nothing. His words were that "Long distance relationships can't work, they don't work, I'll never see you". I think long distance relationships can work, it's just hard work! My advice to you is wait till your 18 to see if you still like him, once your 18, move to where he is. Focus on friends, family, school, and guys in your area!
    Ahha, thanks it was a really silly idea anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend I'm sure you'll find someone much better!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can long distance relationships work? [ 13 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are in a long distance relationship. I'm 14 and he's 16, we've been together for 8 months. We barely ever get to see each other (4 times a year if we're lucky) and find it really hard (but not impossible) to be in this relationship. We love each other very much and our love for...

Long distance relationships never work for me [ 8 Answers ]

We are both young, just finishing high school and all. We dated for the entire senior year and now that the summer has past she's going to university 4 hours away. We tried the whole long distance relationship thing but that went sour after two weeks as we fought on a daily basis about her drinking...

Long distance relationships [ 6 Answers ]

Hi well my (ex) boyfriend broke up with me last week and his reason was that he couldn't handle it. He said that in the evenings when I was at uni he felt down and that he felt depressed from it to the point of crying on occasion. Its not always been long distance, only since I've returned to uni...

Can Long Distance Relationships Work? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, brief intro, met a great girl on holiday and have have seen each other now three times. We often have some form of contact whether its, text messages, instant messaging online and more rarely by telephone to. We live about 2-3 hours away, traffic dependent! Anyway, we enjoy each others...

View more questions Search