Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    widowcar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 09:12 AM
    New water heater, no hot water pressure in 2 bath/showers
    A new water heater was installed yesterday, but I have no HOT water pressure in either of my showers. Is it the old fixtures, or a leaking pipes?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 3, 2007, 09:27 AM
    "Is it the old fixtures, or a leaking pipes?"
    Neither one! When installing the new heater you disturbed the minerals built up in the pipe walls and turning on the valves sucked the mineral up and into the valve cartridge. The solution is to shut the water off to the shower valves and open them up and check and clean the inlet ports of the cartridges. Before you button them back up, open up the hot water line for a moment to flush out the line. Reassemble and test. Better now? Good luck, Tom
    dorimosher Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2007, 09:43 AM
    How do you do this?
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2007, 07:31 PM
    dorimosher, it depends on which faucet you have

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Gas water heater pressure release valve leaking water [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a slight issue with my gas water heater. It's a AO Smith 32.75 gallon type. All of a sudden, water is coming out of the relief valve pipe. I have placed a coffee can there, and I have to empty it out every few hours now. Im not sure where to turn for this one, as I have...

No water to both sinks / very low cold water pressure to bath and washer [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen and bathroom sink have no water, period. Hot water seems to be pretty good to the bath and washer but cold water to those 2 locations are very weak. The outside faucet is very weak at best. I have had this problem for quite some time so it's not the fact that they are frozen. I just...

No Water Pressure in Showers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm a new homeowner, and have no idea what is going on with my showers. I have a new house, built in 99' and just recently added salt to our water softener over the weekend, which didn't have any salt in it when we moved in. This morning, our two showers do not have enough pressure...

Little hot water to bath/shower but pressure is OK [ 2 Answers ]

We have an American Standard Hampton single handle bath/shower set that was installed in our remodeled bath about 8 years ago. All of a sudden, there's barely any hot water to the tub or shower, although everywhere else we still have nice, hot water (even in the bathroom sink). So, I've read...

View more questions Search