Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mnewnham Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Whirlpool Dryer "Intermittent heat
    Whirlpool gas dryer model GGQ8858HQI. Heat will not come on intermittantly although cycle runs normally. Sensor pad (part 3976479) fell out some time ago. This part looks like it should have electrical connectors plugged into it although I took the back off the machine and could not see any loose cables. Any ideas are appreciated
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Mar 3, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Replaced by part number 279366

See diagram on Model GGQ8858HQ1

Their Part Number AP3094143 , item 30 on diagram.

Stew

Mar 4, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stew_1962
    Replaced by part number 279366

See diagram on Model GGQ8858HQ1

Their Part Number AP3094143 , item 30 on diagram.

Stew
    Sorry to act dumb - do you think this is the problem, or are you just pointing me to a replacement part for the sensor?

Mar 4, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Without a wiring schematic, I cannot tell you exactly what that part does. One website lists it as an electrode, while the others call it a sensor.

Judging from its mounting location, it likely has something to do with your problem, as it is in the path of the warm air. I would think that replacing it is essential to correcting the proper operation of your appliance.

Stew

Mar 4, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stew_1962
    Without a wiring schematic, I cannot tell you exactly what that part does. One website lists it as an electrode, while the others call it a sensor.

Judging from its mounting location, it likely has something to do with your problem, as it is in the path of the warm air. I would think that replacing it is essential to correcting the proper operation of your appliance.

Stew
    Ok, I'll get that ordered - Do you have any information, such as a wiring diagram on whether there should be an electrical connector attached?

Mar 4, 2007, 05:28 PM
    No, I don't. Many dryers have the wiring diagram inside the control cover, or glued inside the back.

Stew
    ba431 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2010, 04:23 PM
    Do the whirlpool dryer manuals tell you in detail how to repair a problem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Intermittent buzz from electric heat pump [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I did a quick search for my problem and couldn't find any answers. I have a Bryant heat pump that is making an intermittent buzzing sound. It sounds like an alarm type of buzz, It sounds kind of like a "let someone into your apartment door buzzer". It only lasts for about a second, and happens...

Heat is intermittent [ 2 Answers ]

I have a York hvac system. AC works great. Heat is intermittent. I'll turn it to heat on thermostat and it may run for a while, but at some point (inconsistent as to how long), it turns from blowing warm air to blowing cold air. At times, I am able to turn everything off at the thermostat,...

My Kenmore gas drter has low heat "HELP" [ 1 Answers ]

Hello to all I have a Kenmore elite large capacity gas dryer model # 110.70942990, SER: MK2413999 The problem I am having is I only get low heat when its on the cotton setting, in the last week it has been taking about 2 hours to dry a normal load that use to takes about 45 minutes, in the past...

Whirlpool Dryer - itermittent "fluff dry" cycle stops [ 4 Answers ]

Our Whirlpool dryer has a cycle for intermittent dry or fluff cycle... it seems that it runs fine, then when it shuts down at the intermittent of fluff cycle it will not turn back on again, any thoughts? Kirk

View more questions Search