Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ambrosio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 11:45 PM
    I think I might be depressed
    I am just going to get it out of the way straight off: I broke up with this girl almost a year ago. She was a great person but she left me for any number of reasons, but the bottom line was apparently that I wasn't good enough for her in any way. Now almost a year later, having gone through that, I have come to the conclusion that (duh) I have low self-esteem, that I can only get better by improving it, have no idea how to do so in a real way i.e. not meditating on my navel and such, and thus that life is not going to get any better. Everyday, my head rings with the thougt that life is too long, that there's no point and that I will never be happy.

Now, I know that is quite a bit, but please do take the time to read this and tell me if you think I am depressed, and if not what I can do to get better.
    degelm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 03:20 AM
    I think that you do need help. Have you seen your doctor? I think that this is probably the best place to try first. You doctor might be able to give you some help or at least advise you where you can go. This might include some form of counselling. Another idea would be to talk to some of your friends about this. Have you talked to anyone?
    Hope this helps
    David (UK)
    emoXpixxie Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2007, 04:23 AM
    I know some people who say there depressed but they're just posing, and you really sound like you need some help. Talk to someone you can trust, tell them and they can help you understand what you're going through better. Also, see a doctor and maybe take medication. When I feel depressed I always find doing something with my mates cheers me up loads, get them together and go out somewhere and just have a laugh. It might make you see the brighter side of things. Hope this helps and good luck.
    charlottethedinosaur Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2007, 04:49 PM
    It could be situational depression, but then again, it's been almost a year... and situational depression doesn't usually last that long. And if you did have clinical depression, you probably would have noticed a long time ago. Or it could be branching off some other mental issue you could be having. Kind of like me... I was diagnosed with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder last year, and OCD is closely related to Depression so they go hand-in-hand. (I'm pretty much just going off personal experience here, because mental disorders run in my family, but I thought you might want to look into it.)
    You should look at some stuff, here.
    PIPER1234 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ambrosio
    I am just going to get it out of the way straight off: i broke up with this girl almost a year ago. She was a great person but she left me for any number of reasons, but the bottom line was apparently that i wasn't good enough for her in any way. Now almost a year later, having gone through that, i have come to the conclusion that (duh) i have low self-esteem, that i can only get better by improving it, have no idea how to do so in a real way i.e. not meditating on my navel and such, and thus that life is not going to get any better. Everyday, my head rings with the thougt that life is too long, that there's no point and that i will never be happy.

Now, I know that is quite a bit, but please do take the time to read this and tell me if you think i am depressed, and if not what i can do to get better.
    Can you give me an idea of why your girlfriend didn't want to be with you... I'm in a relationship with this guy and he believes he his depressed or there is another mental issue going on{borderline personality,Bipolar}Anyway just curious to know how you treated her in general ,day to day... My boyfriend is extremely moody and can be a real jerk... Mind you he can be find with friends though.He's hopefully going to the doctor soon and I'll see if things get better. If not I don't know if I can take it anymore... In men anger and irritability is a symptom of depression... So anyway I was just interested to know exactly how you treated her...
    ambrosio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 11:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PIPER1234
    Can you give me an idea of why your girlfriend didn't want to be with you...I'm in a relationship with this guy and he believes he his depressed or there is another mental issue going on{borderline personality,Bipolar}Anyway just curious to know how you treated her in general ,day to day... My boyfriend is extremely moody and can be a real jerk...Mind you he can be find with friends though.He's hopefully going to the doctor soon and I'll see if things get better. If not I don't know if I can take it anymore....In men anger and irritability is a symptom of depression... So anyway I was just interested to know exactly how you treated her....

First, sorry for the delay. My girlfriend told me when she left me it was because she didn't like my body, or more precisely she liked someone else's more. However, I think it ran deeper than that and that she was bored with a relationship that wasn't going anywhere, she felt locked in, I wasn't adventurous enough, I didn't take enough initiative,etc. I think in the 11 months that we were dating I said something mean to her twice. I always tried to be there for her, set up my schedule so we could spend time together, and what not, and I never yelled at her. She might have seen this as spinelessness, and it may be, but nonetheless, I always strove to treat her well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depressed please help [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I'm kk17 I'm going through a rough time at the moment and have been for about 3 years. I'm going through depression and its getting worse. I'm going to the doctors next week but I'm worried she won't give me anything for it. I've been to 3 different councelors and they don't help, as I know...

Depressed [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: hello poeople out there like you I also have the same problem about the dark sode of our u. arms. Since I've been reading about your insights on how to solve this, I think if I could only buy that product things would be easier for me but I can't can you please give me tips or some...

Depressed? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm think I'm depressed but I don't want to take medication or talk to anyone (shrink) I also cut myself from time to time, does anyone know of an alternative to help with depression , I was also diagnosed with having an underactive thyroid hormone a few months ago could this low hormone be causing...

Please help me very depressed! [ 11 Answers ]

Believe this it's the short version but doesn't appear that way: Adult son moved away and did not come and say goodbye to me. He has never done this to me ever. And he has moved away from here many times before. I would not lend him money this time! He is a son from my first marriage. No other...

View more questions Search