Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    axdwdrgc Posts: 86, Reputation: 3

Jun 27, 2012, 10:43 PM
    Fibula Stress Fracture??
    6 weeks ago I broke my fibula. Actually the doctor is not sure that I broke it or not. He looked at the x-rays of my left ankle, which is the one I hurt, and at first he said it was an incomplete stress fracture of the fibula and said that I would have to get it casted for several weeks but then he decided to take an x-ray of my other ankle to make sure it wasn't just the growth plate since I'm twelve. Because he saw the line on my other X-ray he wasn't quite sure If I had actually fractured my fibula or not. Before he took the X-ray he did some other test like the dull or sharp thing and he also examined my ankle to look for any deformities and he found that there was some minimal swelling around the distal fibula and that if you touched the part of the fibula known as the "bump" on the outer ankle I would scream and that the shape of the bone felt off. But then the X-rays showed no bone deformity. He decided to put me in an short orthopedic walking boot since he wasn't sure if it was indeed broken. After 2 weeks of wearing the boot my ankle felt OK then during the 3,4, and 5th weeks of wearing it I started to feel a burst of warmth at my fibula occasionally but then if I felt the very end of the fibula where I felt the warmth it wouldn't feel warm to the touch then it would go away. This week is the last week before I go back to the doctor. For the past week my mom has been rubbing my ankle with the cream stuff that relaxes muscles and stuff like that where my ankle hurts and when she's barely applying pressure over the very distal part of the fibula I hurts a lot. On a scale of 1-10 it's a 6.5-7. My mom also felt a strange thing where the bone is while she was rubbing it that she didn't feel on my good ankle. I personally think that from looking at the x ray that he couldn't see a fracture because it could be across the growth plate which would make it unable to be seen on the X-ray. Around the distal fibula area my ankle has some discoloration (its purple and blue with a hint of black) and that whole area is tender. He said that I should come back in 6 weeks so he can examine my ankle again. I'm just wondering that if I did have a stress fracture what would be the treatment besides getting a cast because this summer has been awful not being able to do anything because of my boot. My second question is what do y'all think is wrong with my stupid ankle and my third and final question is what's it like having a cast? I'm suspecting that I'll have to get a short leg cast so I would like to know what having one is like.
    Thanks for answering! :) :) :)
    PS today I was walking (more like limping) from my bathroom after a shower and so I didn't have my boot on yet and I stubbed my toes really hard against the wall and then my ankle twisted I think that could've made it worse if that piece of information changes your answer.
    PPS I have very mature bones for my age apperantly.
    PPPS I know this is a repost but the first time I posted this question it was in the uncatogorized section
    axdwdrgc Posts: 86, Reputation: 3

Jun 28, 2012, 09:48 PM
    Please anwer please! 😄😄😄😄 of I'll be 😢 and in pain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do you know if you have a stress fracture or just shin splints? [ 3 Answers ]

To Anyone who has a clue about running injuries Last week I was running an interval workout when my calf began to tighten up. I have had a stress fracture before, but this did not feel anything like that. The pain is purely in the muscel and I do not have any tender spots throughout my tibia...

Swirl fracture on fibula [ 0 Answers ]

Slipped on ice and fractured the fibula. Wore a cast for 6weeks and my foot is in pain and swelled. Cast has been off for 1 1/2weeks but is getting worse instead of better. I have a $5000. Deductable and only want to do what is necessary. I went to a foot and ankle(podiatrist) for the initial...

Shin Splits or Stress Fracture? [ 1 Answers ]

I run track and cross country and over the past year I have developed shin splints in both of my shins. I ice them when I am done working out. But that doesn't seem to do much. Just recently I've noticed that they have gotten significantly worse, to the point where I can barely walk... But I...

View more questions Search