Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buff51p Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Push and pull water connections
    I can not get the sprayer connection under the sink to not leak when it is used. It only leaks when it is moved because the push in fitting moves when you use it, no leaks if not used. Is there anyway to fix this situation. The person who came up with this idea never tried using it, nut connections are so much easier to work with. Please advise
    Thanks
    Buff
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 09:05 PM
    If you are talking about where the spray hose connects to the faucet under the sink, that should not leak, it is sealed with an O-ring and is connected with a clip. So it is either installed wrong or was damaged as it was installed. If you have the instructions read them and then take the fitting loose and see if you can see any damage to the 0-ring, if not make sure that you re-install it right.
    If this is not what you are talking about then re-post and explain.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 09:09 PM
    This 'push/pull' connector, is it bottomed out on the post? If you force it up at an angle you can scrape the o ring and if it nicks it will never hold. Is the hold-on clip secured all the way? I actually like it in most instances, it is tough to get a basin wrench to grip that slippery spray hose nut.
    What brand of faucet is it? Is it a standard faucet or a single hole pullout faucet?
    buff51p Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    If you are talking about where the spray hose connects to the faucet under the sink, that should not leak, it is sealed with an O-ring and is connected with a clip. So it is either installed wrong or was damaged as it was installed. If you have the instructions read them and then take the fitting loose and see if you can see any damage to the 0-ring, if not make sure that you re-install it right.
    If this is not what you are talking about then re-post and explain.
    The faucet is a Price fisher and there were no clips when I installed it about a year ago. I had to replace the sprayer just a few months after I got it because it leaked where the sprayer connected to the hose. It took a while but I got it where it didn't lead. Now the connection that it mounts to the sink broke and I had to take it loose to replace. Now it leaks when ever you pull it out. If we don't use it it doesn't leak. I think it should have a clip to keep it aligned when it is pulled out, but nothing came with and there were no instructions about using one, It does have a plastic ring where it pushes in but that's all.
    Thanks
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 06:16 PM
    There is a new connector called a shark bite. It has a release on it similar to a pin lock the gas company uses to lock a gas meter. It still has to push on until it bottoms out and clicks. On the top of the connector is a plastic ring that you can push down to unlock the 'bite' . There is also a chance the crimp on the hose of the new sprayer is defective.
    Cash Acme - Products - SharkBite® Connection System
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 07:20 PM
    If you had no clips when you first installed the faucet about a year ago but when you had to replace it because of another problem at the spray head, and you did get one with a clip I think you got the wrong type of spray hose. How hard would it be for you do un-install the whole faucet, (it should not be a major chore since the faucet is only a year old) that way you would have it out in the open and you could see exactly how it is suppose to fit and ten you could be sure that you have the right hose for that faucet.
    Let us know if you need more help, sometimes these things are hard to figure out from what people post on here. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ice maker won't "pull" water [ 9 Answers ]

?? Every day I hear the metal bar in the icemaker drop down, then I hear the freezer pull water to fill up again. Now I hear the bar drop (no ice falling) and no noise afterward. Pulled the fridge out, and vacuumed underneath. My husband checked the water hose, water is running through it for the...

Pull cord won't pull on Murray 2.0 mower [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Murray/Briggs 6.0 engine mower and the pull cord is sticking. It will stop after pulling about 4 inches. Then if I jiggle the pull cord it will extend another 4 inches. I can see a plastic piece that seems to be stopping it at every four inches. What is causing this and what is the repair...

How to fix a Pull start, Won't pull out! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 49cc Mini Dirt Bike. It has a pull start engine, just like a lawn mower. However, I went to pull the cord as usual, and the cord just won't pull out! I don't know what it is, but I try and pull it as hard as I can, and it only comes out about 4 inches! I need help! Thanks!:)

Pull Rope will not pull [ 1 Answers ]

I have a B&S Troy-bilt that I bought in April. I have used 3 times. On the 4th time the mower was working. It suddenly died. I assumed it was low on gas. I added gas and the pull rope will not pull. I am not sure how to fix any ideas.

Gravity: A push or a pull? [ 1 Answers ]

Is gravity bent space-time which causes mass to "slide down hill" or is it a push force or pressure that is everywhere the universe that is shielded by mass? What experiments do or would show which model is correct?

View more questions Search