Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shrewd26f Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2007, 06:01 PM
    How Long Is The Effectivity of the Pill in the Body?
    Hello!
    My question is: If I'm taking birth control pills, and there are only 3 pills left in the box and I have sex today, is it still safe? Or should I get a new pack and start with the 21 pills again? How long is the safe period? Thanks in advance :)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 28, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Of course its still safe, unless you haven't been keeping them up until now. Do you miss days, Is that what you are saying. If you have been diligent and there is nothing to worry about, just get your next set from the druggist.
    shrewd26f Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Hi Tickle!
    What I mean is, until when the pill is safe if like for example, I only have 2 pills left and I have sex today, is it still safe? I mean, do I need to get a new pack after taking those 2 pills left? Is it still safe to have sex even when I only have 2 pills left?

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2007, 09:25 PM
    Ok, you take a pill every day, every day, and you get a new pack every time you use an old pack.

If you don't take the pills every day then there is a risk, you can not take one pill today, and wait two days and take another pill then, and expect to be safe.

Plus no birth control is 100 percent, and the pill does not protect against the 1000's of sex transmitted illness that can happen either.

It does not sound like you understand what the pill is, and how to properly take it, You need to go either to the health department or your doctor ( who ever gave you the pills) and get proper instruction on its use

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My mom has proplems with takeing pill like pain pill and stuff [ 6 Answers ]

I found this pill it is pink oval pill on one side it has a S on it the other side as numbers 8667 with a spilt line to.I would ask her but I don't want me not trusting her driving her back to them.I will trow the pill a way onces I find what it is so please help let me know if is is some kind of...

What pill is this? Yellow Oval Pill [ 2 Answers ]

The pill is a yellow and oval on one side it has 650 on the other side it is either O M or W O, What is this pill used for.

Long-short-long [ 2 Answers ]

Hey you Okay I have a dilemma.For along time I had Long hair(almost to my butt)but then I started working out and it would get sweaty so I cut it shorter(wayyy shorter like I cut off over 20 inches)but now I kind of miss my long locks! All I can do is wait.But every time I had long hair somehow I...

HQ for the body? [ 2 Answers ]

What would be the best whitening/lightening cream with hg for the face AND for the entire body if you wanted to lighten 3-5 shades or more?

View more questions Search