Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Another_Planet Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Jun 19, 2012, 05:30 PM
    Tattoo ideas, opinions!
    I have several tattoo ideas that I would like, and would love some opinions on them. Other's opinions will not necessarily influence what I want, I am just curious.

Idea 1: A blue and orange bird with a letter in its mouth (like an old school mail letter). I got the idea from a german children's song, about a bird who brings a letter, and it would be to remember my grandmother, since it is a song of exactly that and I sung it on her grave two years ago, spontaneously.

Idea 2: Black Flag logo. Henry Rollins, lead singer of seminal punk band black flag has influenced me on so many levels, even when I met him in person, hence the meaning behind it. There's no way I will ever regret this one. But I'm thinking that within the black flag bars, I can get a picture of a wolf in there, my favourite animal, to commemorate how they have had an influence on me. I've always thought that if I was to be an animal, it would be a wolf.

Thanks in advance!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2012, 07:30 PM
    A tattoo should be something with real meaning to you, would there be a message on the letter or a name or motto ?
    Another_Planet Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Jun 19, 2012, 08:34 PM
    No, just a bird with a letter in its mouth. The song is what gives it meaning, because it's about a bird being sent from the otherside to deliver a letter to the person missing them. Kind of like this but obviously not exsactly this image
    http://www.pennyprintables.com/image...ird-letter.jpg
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2012, 05:33 AM
    To me a tattoo is something that is for your enjoyment first, and second tells a story about you and who you are. It shows your sorrow and your joy of life, But to others is it just art work to show off like a art gallery on your flesh.

To me, is it something that you can tell a story about 10 years from now.

As for the bird, would look good, perhaps a different background so that the bird color and background has more distint difference. And I would sharpen the lines of the bird up some.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tattoo ideas [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I'm designing a tattoo for my 18th birthday. And I need some help. I'm looking for a focal point for my tattoo to represent me, I want something to represent strength, caring, a mothering nature, solitude, survival, love, intelligence, loyalty, sensitivity, rebelious, fiery and...

Tattoo ideas [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, well iv'e been wanting to get a tattoo for a while but I can't exactly point my finger at the right one so I though id ask for help. I want something written but not in english, I though about something written in greek, or tibetan, or maybe latin. Something meaningful, or a proverb,...

Need ideas on a new tattoo [ 32 Answers ]

I have some ideas, but could use more... Tattoo #1: I want something involving the word TRUST, perhaps in sanskrit or some ancient german or something. I don't know where I want the placement. Tattoo #2: I want something in memorial of my Dad. My original idea was the word DAD with...

I need tattoo ideas [ 12 Answers ]

So I was a passenger of a drinking and driving car accident in August 8 of'07. I was in a coma for 2 days and had a severe traumatic brain injury. I am still recovering but am thinking of getting a tattoo in February. I don't really know what its going to be of so Im asking you guys. Anything that...

View more questions Search