Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iggylover Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 09:20 PM
    Why does my boyfriend hang out with his female friends and not me?
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for 4 years and we have a beautiful son. But recently he has been coming home from work (he gets out at 10 pm) and then he tells me he is going to hang out with his friend who is female (whom I never met) right after he gets off.

It upsets me because he works so much I think that he would want to just be with his family and relax but he doesn’t. I have discussed this with him plenty of times and I tell him that we just miss him and would want to be with him more but his reply is always "we live together were always with each other". But we’re really not. Someone is always with us on his days off or even when he gets off, his brother, dad, or cousin. It’s never us three or at least us two! I just need some advice as to how to deal with this? Please any advice will help. Thank you
    Jimmy78 Posts: 85, Reputation: 21

Jun 18, 2012, 09:37 PM
    The only thing I can say is if he doesn't have time for you then don't have time for him. You are not his doormat and you deserve to be treated better then this. Do your thing that is all I can tell you and make a life for yourself. And if you are always available for him all the time stop, do things for him when you feel like doing them or tell him to ask his friends to help him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 10:51 PM
    He sounds like a young guy who loves getting off in time to enjoy the party, because he doesn't have to get up early the next day. I don't know how old your son is, but it would be helpful for now to be having your own friends, and family, and activities while he is sleep, or at work, and leave his dinner in the oven/microwave at night, and get your sleep.

Wind down time after work is important, and evening shift puts him at odds with the routine of bed times, that no longer apply to him. Its just the nature of the beast. And yes I remember them well, from myself and all the males in my family who worked shift work.

Does he work regular evenings, or around the clock? As to this female friend, two things, 1) why don't you know her? And 2) ask him if its okay for you to hang with guy friends!!

There are adjustments to be made around a work schedule, AND what seems like the closeness of his family. I think you can talk to him so he can make some adjustments to his busy life for exclusive family time. Just takes a while to sink in how important it is. Communications is what you need, and some firmness in your conviction.

Back in my day, females had many ways to convey there unhappiness at being taken for granted, or neglected. Burnt toast and a blanket and pillow on the couch, always meant some body is NOT happy. Sometimes we guys are so busy enjoying our youth, it takes some creative thinking to get our full attention.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it OK for your boyfriend to have female friends? [ 5 Answers ]

So my boyfriend of 6 years called me yesterday and says a friend of his(a women who is a model 20yrs his junior) is traveling today 1.5 hrs each way to visit him and pick blueberries(which aren't ripe yet) and spend the day. I say I didn't realize you spoke with her and he says they contact each...

Boyfriend never compliments me but he does his female friends... [ 17 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 yrs. And maybe twice he's given me a compliment. I try and try to get his attention, I asked him once what he would think if I bought some lingerie, he said why? It's a waste cause it would have to come off anyway. I send him naughty pictures, he doesn't...

Is it OK for my boyfriend to hang out with his female friends? [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend likes to hang out with his female friends and I don't like that. I myself have stopped hanging out with my male friends. I haven't mentioned to him that it makes me uncomfortable when he goes out with his female friends. In my point of view it is not healthy because through time his...

Why does my boyfriend like to hang with female friends without me? [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for 9 months now. I am 24 and he is 25. I met him online on a dating site and things have been great. The only problem I seem to have is every so often he wants to hang out with a female friend or so and tells me if he goes he's going alone. This has yet to...

My boyfriend want to Hang out with his female friend [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend decided he wanted to start hanging out with his female friend that he has known since 3rd grade, should I be worried? He also talks to to his ex-girlfriends all the time. I am very insecure about this because the girl that he wants to hang out with is really beautiful and skinny, I'm...

View more questions Search