Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Louwee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Judgements. What can they take
    I have a judgement against me now. The atty's have withdrawn their lower settlement offer and raised it because they found out about some property they think I own. They are threatening all kinds of tings to get the money. Can they garnish my wages? Can they take money from my bank account? Can they seize business personal property? I offered to pay the first offer but they refused. (I live in Texas) Any ideas?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2007, 09:24 PM
    It can vary by what type of debt, ( credit card, car loan, or what)
    And by what state you are from. Some states have restrictions as to no garnishments, and all have some limits on the max they can take.

But in general, they may garnish your wages, attach your bank accounts and put a lien on your property.

But this is in general, not all available everywhere

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgements and bankruptcy [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My friend has a question she got a judgement filed bankreuprcty and she wants to know will this mean she will not have to pay the judgement? I told her she should have asked her lawyer but she said he was talking so much she can not remember He did tell her that with the means test she will...

Judgements Against Me [ 4 Answers ]

This is complicated. I am married. I have credit card debt in my name only. Two judgements against me only. I am incredibly stressed. I have my own checking account and then I have a checking with my husband. They attached a levy against my checking account. I know they will probably...

Judgements. What can they do? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a judgement against me now. The atty's have withdrawn their lower settlement offer and raised it because they found out about some property they think I own. They are threatening all kinds of tings to get the money. Can they garnish my wages? Can they take money from my bank account? Can...

Judgements and assets [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgement against me and I am working to try to get a void judgement. However, in the meantime I need to know what to do if the company comes after my assets. I have direct deposit of civil service retirement, but no other bank accounts. This is a joint account with my husband. He has a...

Judgements [ 4 Answers ]

I moved 2 months ago and did not notify the Collection Agency of my new address. I left a forwarding address at the Post Office and have received nothing from them by mail. If so, the post office would have forwarded it to me. Someone told me a Collection Agency can legally seek an "undercover"...

View more questions Search