Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daddyweav Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2012, 09:21 PM
    What is my next step? To fix problem
    I have replaced compasitor and contactor in my outside unit and still am hearing a humming sound coming from fan.
    Frank Mangrum Posts: 86, Reputation: -3

Jun 3, 2012, 08:23 AM
    Check to see if outdoor fan blade turns freely---if not you may have bad bearings in motor and motor would have to be replaced. Could have motor winding proplems. Are all wires connected properly on capacitor and contactor that you replaced?
    Daddyweav Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Mangrum View Post
    Check to see if outdoor fan blade turns freely---if not you may have bad bearings in motor and motor would have to be replaced. Could have motor winding proplems. Are all wires connected properly on capacitor and contactor that you replaced?
    Yes everything is in right place for compasitor and contactor. Fan blades do move freely. What or how do I fix winding issue
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2012, 09:02 AM
    If the capacitor is connected properly and the contactor closes tightly but no fan start, the fan could be bad. You don't "fix "the windings, you replace the motor.
    Frank Mangrum Posts: 86, Reputation: -3

Jun 3, 2012, 09:17 AM
    First check voltage to fan motor---follow motor leads (wires) to control box and test for (220 VAC) voltage where motor leads connect in control box---be careful because system will be running to test motor voltage. Do not test brown wire or wires--- just test black and other color wire which could be orange or yellow or other. Advise given on the assumption that you have one speed motor---advise if you have more than 3 or 4 motor leads. HELLO--- ma0641 Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you help me fix my Imac problem [ 6 Answers ]

Ok I own a Mac... an iMac, the bubble base kind and it has been an awesome computer but lately my family and I have been having trouble with it. We use Safari as our main browser for internet but I really hope that isn't the case; what has been happening is our windows and what ever we have open...

How to fix trust problem [ 1 Answers ]

Here goes.. My partner and I have been together for 4.5 years. We moved in together after 18 months and at first things were great. Then we hit a run of bad luck. I lost my job and money problems started piling up. About 6 months later we split up because my partner said it was all to difficult...

Mathematical Problem on a Step Salary Scale [ 1 Answers ]

Our district's salary scale states that teachers' receive a 4% increase each year. However, this percentage is actually a combination of both an annual and step increase. All other districts' salary scales which I have viewed have a negotiated annual increase that is constant when looking at, for...

View more questions Search