Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julieriley63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 07:05 PM
    Breach of contract for deed
    I have a property that I am selling under a contract for deed, we did this through a title company. The buyer has cancelled the insurance and has not paid the taxes for 2011, nor the 1st half of 2012. She has not paid on the house since March, and we have told her that she needs to move. My question is this, is the contract now void since she cancelled the insurance, therefore, she is now a renter and can be served with an eviction notice? Any advice is appreciated. Julie
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 27, 2012, 07:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by julieriley63 View Post
    ... My question is this, is the contract now void ... therefore, she is now a renter and can be served with an eviction notice? ...
    She is in breach of contract. If, according to the terms of the contract, under these circumstances she becomes an at-will tenant, yes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breach of contract in an agreement for deed in Illinois [ 2 Answers ]

I am a seller in an agreement for deed in Illinois. The buyer had breached the agreement by not paying for over 4 months and failed to up keep the property to code, which is the buyer's responsibility as clearly stated in the agreement. According to the contract I do have to right to re-enter the...

Breach of Contract [ 4 Answers ]

On the tenant behalf... what is the right of... when the owner does the breaching? This is a lease 2 contract... (lease to option purchase)... where the owner is requesting the home back to rezide in himself... can this be considered a breach, and what are the (if there is) legal reclaims for...

Breach of Contract [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have question to ask, I signed my lease for a certain amount, and I received a note saying that I owed money, when I went to go see what my note was about, they raised my rent and said they made a mistake on my original lease agreement, when I asked to see a copy of my lease agreement they...

Breach of contract [ 15 Answers ]

Greetings, My daughter is 14 and has been raised Catholic since birth. She now lives with me and goes to a Catholic school for girls. I had applied for a scholarship for the school and it asked what church we are members of. I named the parish and everything was fine. The due date to turn in...

Breach of Contract [ 4 Answers ]

Buyer A buys a house and a large lot in an upscale neighborhood. The previous owner left the property a mess and Buyer A's new neighbors were delighted by the prospect of Buyer A cleaning up the place. Both neighbors had their homes up for sale and knew that if Buyer A spruced up the house and...

View more questions Search