Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karolina Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

Feb 25, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Headaches for 5 days
    Hello everyone,

I have had a headache for the past 5 days. It comes and goes, pulsating at times and seems to move around. First it was on my right side, now it's in the back side. I tried taking Tylenol, Advil, Ibuprofen but no avail. I finally took Tylenol Ultra and it seemed to have worked. I now have a "little" ache. I did go to the doctor and he pretty much said try medication. I thought it could be a migraine without aura, he said a migraine wouldn't last more than 24 hrs. I'm worried it could be more... maybe a bleed?

Has anyone experienced a headache this long? It's not constant, but intermittent. Comes and goes many times a day. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Just a thought but are you drinking enough water? I had constant banging headaches for a very long time and it was finally put down to dehydration.
    It could also be triggered by food or stress or even something as simple as you need your eyes tested.
    There are many many things that can cause a headache looking at a computer screen for long periods certainly won't help.
    Karolina Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

Feb 26, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Yes, I was drinking water like crazy! Last night I went for a massage and told them my problems, she worked on my neck, back of skull and shoulders, today I feel 100% better! What a relief. I guess it must have been serious muscle tension. I am going back in a couple of days to have more work done!

Thanks again.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Another thing to look into if they come back is your blood pressure.
    High blood pressure can cause bad headaches and often OTC drugs do not help with those.
    Just a thought
    scol409 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Karolina
    Hello everyone,

I have had a headache for the past 5 days. It comes and goes, pulsating at times and seems to move around. First it was on my right side, now it's in the back side. I tried taking Tylenol, Advil, Ibuprofen but no avail. I finally took Tylenol Ultra and it seemed to have worked. I now have a "little" ache. I did go to the doctor and he pretty much said try medication. I thought it could be a migraine without aura, he said a migraine wouldn't last more than 24 hrs. I'm worried it could be more...maybe a bleed?

Has anyone experienced a headache this long? It's not constant, but intermittent. Comes and goes many times a day. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you
    Could be a cluster headache which is actually a series of headaches in a row. Could also be a rebound headache that people get from taking Tylenol, Aspirin, Motrin, etc. Could be dehydration... are you getting enough liquids to drink? Could be high blood pressure like the other person said but the doc would have told you that when you went in. There are so many causes of headaches... do a quick search online and you can compare your symptoms with the types.
    Good luck. I have a headache right now so I can sympathize!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Headaches? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having painful headaches that start at the back of my head and go all the way to my temple for the past two weeks. I wake up with them I am tired all the time and now the headaches are getting worse. They seem to last for hours and go away for a couple of minutes but come back...

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

Need to give 60 days notice, but rent is increasing in thirty days [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented the condo I am in now for over two years. After the initial lease term of one year, I went on a month-to-month basis. I am required to give 60 days notice prior to vacating the property. My landlord notified me at the end of this month (february) that the rent would be...

Headaches [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am prone to headaches, usually around my period. I am a 23 year old female and have had a headache for two weeks straight(its not around my period) and was wondering if its normal to have a headache this long. I have taken over the counter prescription, nothing, called my doctor but because...

Headaches ! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My Glasses Got Broke And I Am Havig A Bad Time Getting Help .I Have No Income The Medical Assintance Office Is Giving Me A Run Around . I Keep Filling Out The Same Paper Work And When I Asked My Case Worker Why She Said This Is Normal . And When I Talked To Other People Who Are On Assintance...

View more questions Search