Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephcar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 10:09 PM
    Child abandonment laws in Georgia
    My daughter was aressted for probation violation. The day she was arrested her sorry boyfriend took off leaving me and my husband to care for their 8 yr old child. Which is fine with us. But I was just wondering if that is considered abandonment. He has not seen nor called the child at all in over 2 weeks.
    Txmomma29 Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

May 9, 2012, 11:19 PM
    Some times the court will give you full custidy if the mom is in jail and the father is not in the daughter life.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 10, 2012, 03:20 AM
    No this is not abandonment. Did you check out this sticky before posting:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-364259.html

I'm assuming up until then your daughter was living with the boyfriend and no custody or child support was ever ordered by the court? Also is he the legal father?

There may have to be a child support order before someone can file against him for support. But what is it you want? Do you want custody of the child? What?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Georgia Child Abandonment Laws [ 6 Answers ]

My childerns father has not seen or spoke with them in over 2 years.I have a court order for child support and he is as of last week 17,000 behind,plus interest.I was told that I could recive a child abanbonment warrant on him... not sure what the requirements on that are.It sure seems to me that...

Child abandonment laws in Georgia [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my husband are separated and going through a divorce and he walked out the door for someone else. We have two kids that was both born out of wedlock. We have went through child support and he turned down having them ligitimised. Does he have any rights to them and can I get him for...

Child abandonment laws in Georgia [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Georgia. I was given custody of my great nephew in December for a period of two years with the mother (my niece) having visitation privileges. She visited her son one time in early January and then "disappeared" with no contact information left behind. I got a phone call from her...

Child abandonment laws in Georgia [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I are separated. I moved back to TN to get a job, a place to live and start over. I told my husband upon leaving that I was coming back in 6 weeks to get the kids. That would give me the time to get myself together and be in a place to take care of them. I did not abandon them, I...

Child abandonment laws in Georgia [ 5 Answers ]

I have a quick question. My husband and I separated last year. Due to him acting like a clown and becoming violent he was arrested and evicted by the law. When we went to court, our attorneys (at the time) thought it'd be in his best interest to agree to a "stay away" agreement instead of a...

View more questions Search