Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Analopez Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 12:53 PM
    40 Weeks pregnant
    Hi I'm 40 Weeks pregnant and the doctor keeps telling me I'm 1cm dielated.I been walking a lot but what can I do so I can give to birth faster.
    Alexandra91 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 01:06 PM
    I'm not sure but I believe if you have sex it might open you and make you go into labor/birth. But if not keep walking and walking...

&& congratssss :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 9, 2012, 02:47 PM
    This is a medical site - please be sure you are correct before you post.

Do you have a source for this?
    Uber Member

May 10, 2012, 06:59 AM
    Once again a "dislike" because incorrect (and dangerous) information is posted.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 10, 2012, 07:09 AM
    Actually, sex is correct. Manipulation of the cervix by the penis during intercourse causes the hormone called oxytocin to be released, thus causing contractions and, hopefully, dilation of the cervix.

Along with intercourse, nipple stimulation can also cause this hormone to be released.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2012, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Actually, sex is correct. Manipulation of the cervix by the penis during intercourse causes the hormone called oxytocin to be released, thus causing contractions and, hopefully, dilation of the cervix.

Along with intercourse, nipple stimulation can also cause this hormone to be released.

My pregnant daughter-in-law was told this is a bad idea because of the risk of infection. Of course, I got it second hand. I'll ask for her source.

I know the "daughters" had a discussion, but that's about all I know.

EDIT: I apologize - I know better than to quote a source who has a source. My daughter-in-law is now very vague about who said what. If someone posted "I was told ..." on the legal boards I'd be very unhappy, yet I just did the same thing.

My apologies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

1 to 3 weeks pregnant according to a blood test but I think I should be 5 weeks? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am 21 years old and recently I took 3 at home pregnancy tests all came up positive instantly. So I went to the doctor to confirm my pregnancy and he did a urine and blood test both positive... my question is my blood test showed that I was 1 to 3 weeks pregnant. And that doesn't make sense...

12 weeks pregnant with diarrhea since 4 weeks [ 1 Answers ]

Is this normal and will it go away? It happens almost everyday or sometimes right after I eat. This is my fourth pregnancy and this has never happened to me before. My diet is healthy (not a lot of greasy foods) I eat meat, dairy, fruits and veggies. Not taking a prenatal vitamin so it is not...

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

View more questions Search