glee12135 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 03:26 PM
    What's the family name for archaebacteria
    What's the family name for archaebacteria? Need to know for biology
    Another_Planet Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Jun 19, 2012, 05:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by glee12135 View Post
    what's the family name for archaebacteria? need to know for biology
    Do you mean from the list of Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species??

Archaea are their own domain. That's one step above Kingdom, it was relatively recently added. The other two domains are Bacteria and Eukarya.

The classification of archaeabacteria is outdated, it doesn't exist anymore, because archaea and bacteria are so very different, hence different domains.

In short, there is no family name. One example of an archaea family would be the family Thermoproteaceae.

What's the exact question for your biology assignment?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The scientific name for archaebacteria [ 12 Answers ]

Hi I'm in middle schooland I have aproject due on the fourth, and it's about the six kingdoms. I want to know if anyone knows the scientific name for archaebacteria? If so help me because the project is worth two letter grades (two test grades) thanks

Archaebacteria Examples and Binomial Nomenclature [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm in middle school and I was working on a homework assignment. I was having a bit of trouble finding examples of archaebateria along with their binomial nomenclature.:confused: I'm hoping I can find the answer before Monday (2-25) Thanks.:)

Archaebacteria is it. [ 1 Answers ]

Archaebacteria? Is it motile or non motile?

What is the scientific name 4 archaebacteria and so on [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can any one online teel me how I can find the scientific name 4 archaebacteria, eubacteria, protista, plantae, fungi, animalia if so please help me it's a project that I due on the 30th of November and it is worth 200 points.

View more questions Search