Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trusweetie2001 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 09:07 PM
    Baby,not by husband.
    I've been married for almost three years but my husband and I have been separated that whole time except for three months.ive had a boyfriend through almost the whole separation.well,I ended up pregnant and I just recently had my baby.on the birth certificate I didn't put a fathers name because I would have had to put my husbands and he's not the father.well,I am still in the process of trying to get a divorce,and my sons father wants me to put his name on the birth certificate.how do I go about doing that seeing how I'm not divorced yet?:confused:
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Most states recognize "no fault" divorces. Is your relationship with your son's father going to be used against you in your divorce by your soon to be ex-husband? If no, then there should be no problem putting your baby's father's name on the birth certificate. If you feel that your husband will use this as a tool against, wait until your divorce is finalized.

In any event all it takes is a phone call to the town, village, city or county clerk's office in your area to find out what you have to do to amend the birth certificate.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2007, 09:19 PM
    Ruby's suggestion to call the clerk's office in your area is really great advice. They can instruct you with the proper, legal way to go about giving a name on the birth certificate.
    Perhaps your maiden name will due until your divorce is final - that's what my mother did when she was in a situation similar to yours.
    I'm assuming that your sons father went into this relationship knowing that you were married. He should feel secure in knowing that his son temporarily has your maiden name and will soon be getting his name for the sake of a smooth divorce.
    Brigette Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Feb 24, 2007, 11:45 PM
    Dear truesweetie2001--

I don't know state you live in, so perhaps your laws are different. However, in most states, the husband does not necessarily have to be the designated father on the birth certificate. If you are still wanting to change it, I would suggest looking into amending the birth certificate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby name [ 5 Answers ]

Is the name Rowan okay for a boy and does anyone know a middle name that would go with it?

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Baby was taken [ 16 Answers ]

On may 23 of this year my daughter, then was eight months old, was taken from me because someone called DCF on my husband and me. My daughter had a bruise on the butt and they took her. They tried to blame it on my husband, he was arrested and then the charges of child abuse were dropped. Now we...

Want a baby [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I have been off the pill for eight months. We have not had any luck,so if anyone has any ideas that could help us to get pregnant Please help I even tried douching after sex because I heard it would push the sperm farther up. Any idea would be...

Having a baby [ 11 Answers ]

My boy friend and I are talking adout having kids after we get married but he has had a vasectomy so we are looking in to all the options I would just like to hear if any one have been in this situation and if so what options they were given so if any one has any sugestions we could use you opions

View more questions Search