Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zanderbaxa Posts: 62, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 06:14 AM
    Are black-holes (BH) gigantic neutron stars?
    It is true that mathematics does present BH as a singularity and construed to be zero-point-mass (ZPM). Singularities are mathematical anomalies, similar to the math, in the middle-ages, that proved the motion of the planets, as observed from Earth, were epicycles. Even though the math was consistent, the explanation was wrong. In general, math can be used to just about verify anything. ZPM contradicts the idea that multiple things cannot occupy the same space at the same time.
    Gravity is a consequence of the BH, as the force of the gigantic mass displacing an elastic medium and it trying to restore itself to equilibrium toward the center-of-mass (CM) of the BH. Thinking of space as an elastic medium (a filled vacuum) is nomore radical than space-time. The only difference is the medium does not invoke time as a dimension. The medium is a three-dimensional volume. The stress and strain around a displacing mass is consistent with Newton. Contour around mass embedded in space, also, is similar to gravity in space-time.
    There are two ways a BH is detectable. 1) Infra-red (IR) or 2) Light emitted at the event-horizon (EH). The EH is light emitted from the electrons being stripped, by heat from the star, as its atoms plummets into the BH; otherwise it is black, because it has no electrons. In other words, the light from the EH are the remnants of the destroyed atoms.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 3, 2012, 09:18 AM
    The answer to your question "are black holes gigantic neutron stars" is: no.

As for the rest of your post - I don't detect any physics questions. However - your assertion that epicycles as envisioned by people in the middle ages somehow involved singularities is wrong. They were merely trying to come up with a geometric explanation for the observed motion of the planets, based on a flawed assumption that orbital geometry must be based on circles, or circles within circles. But no matter how many layers of circles within circles within circles they tried the math could never quite match the observed data. It was Keppler who made the leap to think about ellipses instead.
    zanderbaxa Posts: 62, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    The answer to yuor question "are black holes gigantic neutron stars" is: no.

As for the rest of your post - I don't detect any physics questions. However - your assertion that epicycles as envisioned by people in the middle ages somehow involved singularities is wrong. They were merely trying to come up with a geometric explanation for the observed motion of the planets, based on a flawed assumption that orbital geometry must be based on circles, or circles within circles. But no matter how many layers of circles within circles within circles they tried the math could never quite match the observed data. It was Keppler who made the leap to think about ellipses instead.
    I was not attributing singularities to the middle-ages or are you deliberately misconstruing my post?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 4, 2012, 05:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderbaxa View Post
    are you deliberately misconstruing my post?
    You wrote: "Singularities are mathematical anomalies, similar to the math, in the middle-ages, that proved the motion of the planets, as observed from Earth, were epicycles." Ok - so perhaps you didn't explicitly say that the epicycles math was based on singularities, so I will amend my response to say that the math was not based on anomalies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stars Jack Black [ 4 Answers ]

Just want to ask this particular movie that I just watched a scene. It stars Jack Black [I'm not sure if he's the lead role'. It is set I think in post colonial America. The scene is Jack on a white shirt and brown leggings flirting with a lady (cant remember also her name. He got into a wall of...

When I was 6 weeks pregnant I had an altrasound and saw two black holes is it twins [ 1 Answers ]

I'm now 20 weeks and can't see the doc until next week but want to know I'm so excited could you help me

Black Holes? [ 4 Answers ]

Ironclad here! I've taken up astronomy in high school and learned a little bit about the black hole being one of the deadly entities in our universe!? But it came across me that I wondered if it was possible about one being right here on earth? People say that it could tie to the bermuda triangle?...

Black Holes [ 25 Answers ]

Are Black Holes vortexes or something that take you somewhere else? I just wanted to know where do black holes take you. I know how they're made, (a really giant star collapsed on its on weight) but I wanted to know were they take you, when and who discovered. Thanks

More on creating black holes [ 26 Answers ]

In topic īblack holes` I mentioned that at Cern they expect in the process to create (ultra small) black holes. But as we should expect small black holes to grow into big black holes, all our hope should be on Stephen Hawkins who predicted that ultra small black holes will evaporate. Let's hope he...

View more questions Search