Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohgodwhy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 05:59 PM
    Why do people hate me?
    I am young, a young man with the tendency to enjoy being alone sometimes to think. I am constantly importuned and bothered as if I was a lonely virus. When I leave a conversation, the other people seem happier and have something else to talk about. When I walk down the hallway, I am a body repellent, and I am the one that everyone tries to get rid of. I have few friends. Some of which make fun of me and tease me about being alone so much. I am frequently scolded by teachers and my parents. Life is a vortex to me, with no beginning and no end, just small incisions of time in between. I constantly think about other people, what they think of me, what I can do to help them, and why so many people show malice towards me in my own little world. I am known to be the kid who tries to fit in but never or almost never succeeds. I do not mind teasing anymore. I think of it as an everyday thing, but it is the constant taunting and rumors as if the whole school is beating the dead horse that I used to own. I am constantly told, nobody likes you, in the non-playful way, and the "get away from me, you have no life." That I get once or twice a week. I have even been falling apart during school due to stress and depression; I think I have metaphorically collapsed more times in the past month that I have in years. Making myself a pain to live with. What do I do to get myself out of this rut that turns into an abyss of even trying to fit in? Why have I not gone insane yet? Why does close to everyone hate me? Why am I a hated person even though people think I am amiable? Most of all, why, just why, is it the introverts that never make it socially?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 06:03 PM
    Is this a writing exercise? It seems like you are trying very hard to hide your feelings behind big words and complex phrasing.
    ohgodwhy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 04:45 AM
    Actually, it's not. I just wanted to sound convincing in a sort of speak
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 27, 2012, 05:10 AM
    Many teens these days have not been taught respect by their parents. Even some adults have seemed to lose the decency of old. Try to think in terms of what their problem is, not yours, if they have to go out of their way to taunt you. In some schools you'd be bullied to the point of beating you up. Peer standing and peer pressure has as much to do with how mean you can be as it does to a varsity letter or the latest jeans. It's too bad.

On the other hand, there's a technique to standing up to taunting, by being proud, basically polite (unless a retort can be pulled off), and oblivious. It's almost primeval to sense fear and hurt, the cornered animal. Guys (girls too, these days) in some neighborhoods will say that they watch how someone walks, gestures, holds his head, where he looks, and how his gaze is, when they decide to go after him. Work on some short replies, witty if you can, or just shake your head and raise one eyebrow and sigh bemusedly.

You need one friend. I think we all do. Just one. Find one by being nice, asking questions, and giving compliments. Surely there is someone like you at school.

And since you sound bright, your future should be bright, as you go through higher education. You will then find more and more people like you.
    lowlowfroggy Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Apr 27, 2012, 07:54 AM
    Well, that was kind of me in some words but what I did was made it a point to find who I am as a person. It really sucked to walk into a room and have no one talk to you. It really sucked to be in a conversation and feel the "your not welcomed here". So what I did was find who I am. I found some goofy kids and made friends. I mad friends with the gay dudes, they were so much fun. I got on the football team as a medical trainer. I made a change and people started to notice. I became the class clown.

Everyone can make friends. There is someone out there for everyone... you just have to do your part to find it. Now I am not saying that you have to change your entire look and be someone who you are not. What I am talking about is that you should look into your own heart to find that person who makes you happy. Playing Games, going to church, riding bikes, being the funny person, just something in those lines... whatever it is, go toward that. Sometimes a hair cut, a small change in your personality, weight loss can help the situation within yourself. It helps build yourself esteem a little. Just look at yourself through their eyes. Are you so big that no one wants to be next to you? Are you so skinny that you look sick? Are you so dumb that you're an easy target? Are you an Emo? Just search YOU through THEIR eyes and see what you find... or just ask someone who is honest what people see in you, then go from there.
    spunkymonkey213 Posts: 61, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2012, 08:48 PM
    I couldn't have said that better bro. I like being alone and everyone hates me and teases me constantly. I just want to be alone in a corner with no one around to make me hurt. Like previous post I have been taught respect by my parents but they don't even respect me. The people I try to fit in with just push me out like I'm a piece of cr*p. no one wants to be around me. I can't remember the last time I smiled. I am an outsider that everyone hates and wouldn't care if it was gone.
    spunkymonkey213 Posts: 61, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2012, 08:57 PM
    I only want to be happy, but that ship has sailed. No one likes me enough to care when I walk in cold and wet. Every one gets disappointed when I'm in their group for an assignment. I hate having everyone not give a cr*p about "the loner kid" and "ugh that guy". I have been beaten up and mocked and teased. The only true friend I've ever had is gone now and I don't know what to do with my shell of a body.
    ivanmiller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2012, 08:29 AM
    I know how you feel am going through the same thing in my workplace and University but what keeps me going is hoping that one day this is going to pass and I will look back on it as a learning lesson. By the way am a Christian I don't know if you read the bible or believe in God but if you read the story of Joseph in the book of Genesis and the book of Job you will realise that this is happening for your own good! It is just that you are not learning from your mistakes whenever life is hard or unpleasant it is God trying to mold you into a better person look at a baby when it is trying t learn how to walk, it will first learn how to sit, then crawl, then take its first steps but keeps falling down but it doesn't give up until it walks and eventually run. Another example is people like Joyce Meyer (google her) and another thing you need to do is love yourself and be your own best friend I don't have many friends (it not about quantity but quality) either but I get happiness from playing my Xbox, watching inspiring videos on you tube, go out to different places it is important to change your environment and surroundings. Learn to ignore negative people and they will leave you alone because if you react they are going to keep bullying you for now focus on yourself and develop yourself remember you reap what you sow in other words if you think people won't like you then they won't like you it is a self fulfilling prophecy. Get to know yourself and then take it from there but also pray to God to change you circumstances through Jesus Christ because he's the only way, the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through him
    ommi_kosher Posts: 32, Reputation: -1

May 18, 2012, 04:04 PM
    You know what skip every thing;what you think people are saying about you and what you know they're saying YOU BE YOU AND IF A PERSON DOESN'T-LIKE YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE THEN TURN THEM LOOSE and if your so called friends laugh at you for being alone then tell them off your much better with yourself then a bunch of people talking about you and I bet you're a GREAT ;) person so don't mind the ignorance just stay who you are 100%

May 21, 2012, 07:52 AM
    Your post really hurt my feelings. Listen to me homeboy, and listen good. People treat you bad because you are an easy target. Have you thought about a different look? Yes yes I know, the look, the perisonallity,the attitude that you have now is who you are... but, but, if no one wants you around and you want to stop being alone, then just change something. You can find friends, trust me, you can find friends.

Listen, I have no idea what you look like. You can look like a Emo, or a Fat kid, or a super skinny dumb dude... change something. Emo... try a different look (clothes and all) Fat Kid, start eatting right for your health and for you to stay active. It is not fun if we go out and you can only walk for 2 minutes. If you're a Super skinny nerdy dude, gain some weight and dress a little dfferent and make a friend.

Let me ask you... who out there in all the people you know, who do you want to be friends with? Find out what they have in common and approach them. But approach then in you newer look. You can also go back your old look, but first making a friend is way way way more improtant and way way way more fun. Trust me

Remember what I said, have a new start, new way of thinking and a new look. Don't change who your are, just change the part everyone can see. Go to a real church. Seek a friend there. You are NOT alone, just put effort into it. Its going to be okay homeboy. Smile one time for me.

May 21, 2012, 07:54 AM
    To SpunkyMonkey213

Your post really hurt my feelings. Listen to me homeboy, and listen good. People treat you bad because you are an easy target. Have you thought about a different look? Yes yes I know, the look, the perisonallity,the attitude that you have now is who you are... but, but, if no one wants you around and you want to stop being alone, then just change something. You can find friends, trust me, you can find friends.

Listen, I have no idea what you look like. You can look like a Emo, or a Fat kid, or a super skinny dumb dude... change something. Emo... try a different look (clothes and all) Fat Kid, start eatting right for your health and for you to stay active. It is not fun if we go out and you can only walk for 2 minutes. If you're a Super skinny nerdy dude, gain some weight and dress a little dfferent and make a friend.

Let me ask you... who out there in all the people you know, who do you want to be friends with? Find out what they have in common and approach them. But approach then in you newer look. You can also go back your old look, but first making a friend is way way way more improtant and way way way more fun. Trust me

Remember what I said, have a new start, new way of thinking and a new look. Don't change who your are, just change the part everyone can see. Go to a real church. Seek a friend there. You are NOT alone, just put effort into it. Its going to be okay homeboy. Smile one time for me.
    wadolowskajulia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2012, 01:42 PM
    I want to give you a hug right now. My heart hurts to hear this. Honestly I love you and acknowledge you for being a human being. When things get bad I always tell myself that there will be a better moment in time. You will have a time that you will be happy. Its hard, but try to get through it. Think about anything that gives you pleasure or that you enjoy doing. Think about any upcoming holidays you celebrate or a hobby like drawing, riding a bike, anything. Keep yourself busy with things you love to do.
    louise1928 Posts: 69, Reputation: 9

Oct 6, 2012, 12:53 PM
    Listen to me right now, There is absolutely nothing wrong with you, I bet there are many other people who like to sit alone in your school find them try to make friends with them. I'm sure it may seem your being scolded by your parents but I bet they really love you to bits! Look making yourself depressed is stupid because it won't help your situation it will just make you miserable and make you do some some preety pathetic stuff. One of my old friends got very depressed someone was bullying her she always had cuts down her arms one day she gave up and hung herself in her bedroom. Don't get yourself in this situation. Don't tell yourself nobody cares because many do. If you really need help call childline: 0800 1111.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why Do people hate me for no reason? [ 2 Answers ]

I have seen that people on the street that look very rude to me :| O__O and for no reason... ps:I'm not annoying, ugly, fat, or I don't know. I just can't found the reason please help me

Why do people hate me [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys. I don't know why, but people in my high school just don't seem to like me. I have one friend that I actually talk and hang out with, but everyone else seems to be a ****, or weird. I can read that they're all materialistic.. I've tried to fit in with them, but it just isn't clicking,...

Why do some people hate fickle minded people? [ 3 Answers ]

Let's say.. I did say I'm going to australia this year but then I changed my mind because I want to save up for fixing my own braces. And some people thought I was just telling lies when it comes to australia part? What cn I say to them? Why they care so much?

View more questions Search