Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmurray13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Installing Shower Drain Where Old Copper Corroded
    I have an old shower pan that had a corroded copper drain. (Completely Corroded through so that there was some pieces left in the brass trap connection.) I was wondering if PVC can be connected to the brass or do I need to solder new copper. These are 2 1/2 inch pipes, so I'm trying not to spend a ton of cash on new copper and brass!

Please advise!
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2007, 10:49 PM
    Yes, pvc can be connected. [smilez]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing shower drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I want to add a shower to my basement bathroom, currenty there is a toilet and sink. I have a floor drain near the back wall of the current bathroom. Can I break the floor and put a y connection to this floor drain and add a shower drain? If I send some photos can you look at what I have?...

Installing Basement Shower Drain with Washing Machine Drain [ 5 Answers ]

Hi folks: I would like to install a shower that drains into the same drain as my washing machine. Right now the washing machine drain, 1-1/2" ABS, comes in horizontally about 12" above the concrete floor into a 1-1/2" Tee on a vertical pipe. From this Tee, the vent goes straight up to the...

Installing a drain in a fiberglass shower [ 1 Answers ]

I’m in the process of installing a fiberglass shower unit in a new basement bathroom, but am somewhat stumped regarding how to attach the drain to the shower and then to the PVC pipe. The floor is concrete and I have 2” PVC rough in for the shower. Once I cut the PVC to the correct height, and...

Need help installing a shower drain [ 5 Answers ]

I have installed an acrylic/fiberglass shower base on the second Floor (no underneath access) where there was a previous and very cheap shower base. The new base is now cemented and firmly in place. The 2" PVC drain extends into the drain- - it is a "caulkless" BK with a compression ring and...

? About installing new shower drain [ 18 Answers ]

I've checked the messages here and have ordered a Wingtite shower drain replacement kit for a leaking shower drain. I reviewed the instructions at their site for removing the old shower drain, and I guess I have the type of drain that was glued in. When I read on their site how to remove it, I'm...

View more questions Search