Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smasher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2012, 12:45 PM
    Part of my tooth broke off
    Sorry for bad English.

I was chewing on my food and bit something hard, which caused my tooth to break and a part of it came off. It is a third tooth behind my upper left fang. I'm not sure how much of it got separated compared to the whole tooth but maybe an eight or so. A big part of it came off right to the gum/root or whatever it is. I can feel it soft inside with the tip of my tongue. It hurts when I eat some sweet food. The pain doesn't always disappear like when you feel a cold run down your tooth, it tends to stay. However, it goes away when I brush my teeth. Also, when I suck air into the left side of my mouth, it feels kind of breezy (not in a pleasurable way) where the soft part is. Please explain me more about what I'm in, what should I do? Please help. :) Thank you :)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2012, 01:03 PM
    #1... go to a dentist. They can determine if it can be fixed with a simple filling (which I doubt), or if a crown or cap can do it.. or its too bad to fix and must be pulled.

If you do nothing you will suffer and evenually lose the tooth for certain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My front fake tooth broke [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 fake front teeth, one of them was filed down to small when they put the temp porcelain crowns On it broke after 4 days. The dentist then put a metal post in my mouth to hold the permanent crown but the post just brobroke in half... how much money am I looking to replace my front tooth......

Broke tooth on burger [ 1 Answers ]

Same just happened to my husband! Sharp bone in the burger. Manager called him back now and asked he brings it in on Monday and they'll call the insurance company. (today is friday)... any suggestions?

My sis's tooth broke while eating. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all! I've got some problem... The tooth of my little sis broke this evening. She has braces and while she was eating, she got the impression that her braces broke. One of the metallic square loose could rotate about the metallic wire. She thought it was only the braces but on closer look, she...

Broke tooth while dining out [ 3 Answers ]

I was at a eating establishment (Chapps Cafe) in Fort Worth, Texas off Hulen Blvd. and bit into a burger and broke my tooth also. But I do still have the evidence, it was a bone or some type of rock like substance. I've been getting the run around and also they've been trying to get me to let them...

Broke Tooth On McDonalds Hamburger [ 2 Answers ]

I live in TX and I ordered a doublequarter pound with cheese meal and when I brought it to work for lunch to eat it, I bit into the burger and broke my back tooth on a bone! I thought I had picked the bone out after I heard my tooth crunch but later checking, I was not able to locate it. My only...

View more questions Search