Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nishuv3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2012, 11:00 PM
    Why can she not commit to me?
    Moved to its own thread, and edited.

I asked her a few times about the recent changes in her behavior toward me, she said "its nothing".
    Sometimes she says she does not feel well

One day she said she was confused whether she is doing right, or wrong, because she never wanted to get commitment.
    Every time I try to shower my love on her, she says what if we won't be able to get with each other?

Fearing the unforeseen future, she is not living up the present. And because of all this I feel unrequited, and sad all day.

What do I do?
    Stellaw Posts: 171, Reputation: -1

Apr 5, 2012, 12:44 AM
    Just be patient with her. My wife until now still doesn't believe that I love her so much. I get angry sometimes and she still is doing it and asking me irritating questions every now and then. Whenever I start to get angry, she'll tone it down and change the topic. It's a work in progress. You have to communicate what you want and what you don't want in your relationship. She won't stop just by waiting for her to stop. You need to constantly remind her how much you love her and that there's nothing that she should be afraid of because you're not going anywhere.

If you want her to live in the present then reiterate that every single time as long as you still care for her and want to be with her. Maybe in the long run you'll get tired and leave her or she'll come around. Whatever the outcome is, the most important thing is that you've done your best and exerted every effort that you could muster for her to change.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2012, 09:22 AM
    In this situation if the woman is unsure "showering" her with love and affection might make her feel like she's being pushed into a relationship. I'd be as calm as natural as possible, reassuring in a quiet way, allowing her to sort through her feelings.

You can't make anyone love you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 5, 2012, 09:21 PM
    You are really trying to hard to get her attention. Back off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will he commit [ 5 Answers ]

I am 52 and have been dating a 63 year old man for 3 years. I have expressed to him I want to be married or at least engaged. He is unsure of wanting either. We live 1 1/2 hours apart and weekly meet and go out at a central driving point for both of us. We talk daily on the phone. I broke up with...

He doesn't want to commit again. [ 6 Answers ]

I had a 1 year long relationship with this guy. I was very struggling at that time, very unsure about our relationship so I broke up with him several times and then wanted him back again only after a week or so. He got confused. I also drank too much and was flirting around with other guys and...

She won't commit [ 53 Answers ]

Ok so my situation is a little different. There is a girl whom I've had a crush on and been best friends with since freshmen year. Back then I was too nervous to even say anything however after telling her my feelings this last year she admitted that since freshmen year she's felt the same way......

Commit to stripper girlfriend so she stops dancing, or she stops before I commit? [ 88 Answers ]

My girlfriend is a stripper. I say that only half-heartedly because we’ve dated for 18 months and she’s only been to work about 15 times during that time. We met at the club. I’ve tried to support her going back to work when we need money, but every time it tears us apart. She’s waiting on me to...

He won't commit! [ 10 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend broke up with me about 3 months ago as "he doesn't want to be tide down, and is afraid of commitment". (He's 25 and has never had a girlfriend for more then a year) but we have never really stopd hooking up.. I really care about him so sort of tolerated this situation for a while.. ...

View more questions Search