Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patjohnston Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2012, 10:02 AM
    Samsung 5.1 home theatre fault
    Hi Folks, apparently this is a common fault. My Samsung 5.1 home theatre is conking out after about 10 seconds, the display shows DVD, then LOAD then PROT then shuts down (there is a vid of this on youtube) any ideas you clever people !

Cheers Pat Johno.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2012, 06:20 AM
    Only fault I can think of would be speakers, verify speakers or speaker wiring is not shorted.
    patjohnston Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2012, 11:37 AM
    Thanks for your input Stratmando but fault occurs even with no speakers connected, cheers anyway Bud.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2012, 02:51 PM
    It may or may not need to sense a Load. Measure the resistance on your speakers, you can do it from the wires where they plug into the amp, this will test speakers and speaker wiring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Samsung Home Theatre Connections [ 0 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with the following; I have a Samsung home theatre and want to know how to conect it up to my ntl and TV so I can turn the sound surround up via the TV for more volume as its 1000 rms and it should be a lot louder! I know you can do this via the volume on the ntl box but I want to...

Hooking up home theatre [ 1 Answers ]

Need help hooking up following components: sony bravia kdl46S3000, maganavox dvd/vcr combo #mwd2206, scientific atlanta cable box 8300hdc, rca dvr #drc-8052N, and a yamaha rxv583 receiver.

Home theatre [ 1 Answers ]

Good evening: how do I hook up my satellite box, home theatre, dvd/vcr and TV? My TV is not digital. I also do not know which cables to us except for the one to the TV. Thank you

Home theatre systems [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am in the process of finishing my basement. I currently have my recessed lights installed and now I would like to run all the necessary cables and wires for a theatre system. Does anyone know what types of wires and cables I need to run to tie in a receiver, DVD player, Cable, Internet,...

View more questions Search