Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    A.Hoppel Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Mar 30, 2012, 01:50 PM
    Miscarriage from stress?
    I am currently somewhere between 5 weeks - 9 weeks pregnant. ( I won't know for sure how far along until my Dr appt next week.) A few days ago someone poisoned my dog. Our dogs are like family to us and this event was very tramatic. She went into continuous seizures and died right before we got her to the hospital. The harder I tried to remain calm the more it seemed to stress me out. I'm super worried now about miscarriage. This can't be helpful either. I've been really stressed for 3 days now, with the first two being the worst. What is the chances that this could cause me to miscarry? Are there any signs I could look for? No bleeding, but I don't know that you will for sure bleed there is miscarriage. Any advice?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2012, 04:39 PM
    I am so very sorry to hear what happened. Hopefully you will be able to find who did it and have some justice.

Stress will effect people differently, whether pregnant or not. There is no definitive conclusion of miscarriage being caused by stress, but that is not to say that it can't be a possibility in some situations. Generally speaking, stress won't be a likely factor in miscarriage. That you are now starting to experience a lower stress level is a good sign.

Most often bleeding and cramping will be seen with a miscarriage. Some women will have some spotting or bleeding, and even some slight cramping,in early pregnancy however. The major difference is the amount of bleeding and the intensity of cramping.

Certainly do what you can to ease your stress. I know it must be difficult given the situation. Talk to family and friends if that helps. Pamper yourself if possible, perhaps a pregnancy massage for example.

Time will ease your pain... I wish you well.
    A.Hoppel Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Mar 30, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Thank you very much for your answer. I will try and just relax the next few days and visit with family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Threatened miscarriage or misdiagnosed miscarriage? [ 3 Answers ]

I've just recently found out I was pregnant, my period was NOT late yet, but I had light spotting and had high hopes so I took a cheap hpt and it showed up positive(My LMP was 10/20/08). The following day I went to the woman's clinic, I was confirmed pregnant. My OBGYN sent me to a lab for blood...

How to keep down stress? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a 27 year old guy. The problem is that I get easily stressed even though I have a good job. Is it also related to my having a somewhat low self-esteem? I'd really appreciate any piece of advice. Thanks!

I stress! [ 2 Answers ]

HI. This is a problem just to say really I stress... A LOT. I get easily wound up and I just need to know how should I calm down. I also get bored a lot any ideas?? :confused:

Too much stress [ 4 Answers ]

I really don't know I feel like crap today and I don't know why I mean I had an OK day in school I had to go see this consulier today witch I hate because you I hate telling my life story to some strangers but what ever then there is this stupid kid that I had a past with telling me lies and stuff...

Stress? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if these are stress related symptoms. Everything started 3 weeks ago. I suffered from a 100 degree fever and horrible body aches for only 1 day. Then a severe migraine that lasted a week. (By the way I have never ever had a migraine before that.) Followed by upset stomach...

View more questions Search