Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    petergulick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 04:36 PM
    Honeywell T651A3018 Wiring Question
    This seems like what I need. My condo was built in 1970. I need to replace my 40+ year old T651A 1152's. From what I can gather, I need the T651A3018's. I'm confused though, because the pictures of thes new units show 3 wires (Red Black and Blue) but I only have two wires coming out of my electrical boxes (black and white). A contractor removed and discarded my old thermostats by mistake (4 out of the 5 I had) so I need 4 new ones! I can connect these two 120Volt wires together to manually run my fan coil units (2 coil system where the building switches water from hot to cold winter/summer). So I'm wondering how to I wire this unit? I've looked at the Honeywell Instruction manual and don't see anything for this application Can anyone provide the answer? What wire goes to Black, what wire goes to white and what do I do with the third wire on the T651A3018? Do I jump it? Please help!
    Seann Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 12:59 PM
    Hi
    If u not a licenced contractor I will suggest to work with a professional/contractor but if u are a contractor then u can call honeywell contractors helpline-1800-468-1502 option 2 for contractors.
    ## the contractor helpline will only talk to the contractors and will ask for the licence num.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Question - Honeywell Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 wires total. The red, green and white are extending from the wall in a singel wire casing. The I have a red and a white in a separate wire casing. How do I know which red wire goes where and which white wire should be considered the yellow wire?

Honeywell rth3100c wiring question [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a 4 wire t-stat with rth3100c the old system is split with gas heat is it possible? I don't have w terminal on new t-stat.

Honeywell RTH3100c Wiring Question [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman 5 ton 13 seer heat pump. We have a pre-existing heating unit (electric) that is to be used for just Emergency heat. I connected all the wires, but there was a question that came up. The manual said that if the old thermostat had w1, w2 and why wires, I need to contact a heating...

Old honeywell thermostat with clock - wiring question [ 4 Answers ]

I'm replacing an old honeywell thermostat with a new digital. The old one has the standard two wires - R and Wh, but then it has two C wires. I think they just provide power for the clock, and I'm wondering if I can just close off that circuit. The clock has two metal brush connections that...

View more questions Search